OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Let’s Still Do This For JS’s Goodest and Bestest Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I've doubted the Heat all year, safe to say they're for real.
Me too. I was wrong about Jimmy Butler. There is a reason why every player for the Sixers during BB's tenure was better before and/or after they were with the Sixers. The Heat's rise is also a prime example of how coaching can and does make a difference. Spoelstra is damn good at what he does.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Me too. I was wrong about Jimmy Butler. There is a reason why every player for the Sixers during BB's tenure was better before and/or after they were with the Sixers. The Heat's rise is also a prime example of how coaching can and does make a difference. Spoelstra is damn good at what he does.
But we are gonna get Tyronn Lue...

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Has Spike Eskin issued an apology or admit he was wrong about Jimmy Butler yet? I remember the pod right after he left and it was just straight vitriol to the guy.

Reactions: Rebels57

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Spike Eskin started out with integrity during his earlier years, but eventually the cash gained from hot takes won out.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
NBA IMO has done a better job than the NHL with making the crowd-less arena more presentable but obviously a different set up court-side ....easier to mock up but still props to them for being more creative. NHL looks like a funeral parlor in comparison.

Reactions: Flybynite

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I think both did a real good job, I don't really notice much of a difference. Memorable moments though such as the Luka 3 for example won't be as memorable though without crowds.

I think the real interesting case is the NFL, where we could already hear snap counts and cadence on the line of scrimmage. Should be able to hear it even clearer now.

Also didn't know crowd noise was capped at 70 decibels, and that they can't cycle it on or off depending on who is on the field.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
NBA IMO has done a better job than the NHL with making the crowd-less arena more presentable but obviously a different set up court-side ....easier to mock up but still props to them for being more creative. NHL looks like a funeral parlor in comparison.
There was def a learning curve. First week or two the NBA games looked and sounded like a summer league gym.

Reactions: Carter Hart

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
At least Horford can be reunited with his college coach. I actually like Donovan but only really know him from those Gator teams with Noah and Horford.

It’s a shame the Sixers signed Horford and Harris instead of making Butler feel like part of the process. Was hoping they could make it work, but this team was better put together for Embiid/Simmons with players Reddick, Belinelli, and Ilyasova.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
At least Horford can be reunited with his college coach. I actually like Donovan but only really know him from those Gator teams with Noah and Horford.

It’s a shame the Sixers signed Horford and Harris instead of making Butler feel like part of the process. Was hoping they could make it work, but this team was better put together for Embiid/Simmons with players Reddick, Belinelli, and Ilyasova.
Sixers really shit the bed with the Butler and Harris acquisitions....gave up so much for marginal returns. Terrible asset management by the FO. Holmgren level...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad