OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Let’s Keep Doing This For JS’s Goodest and Bestest Boy -Draft Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
So I didn't know about this weird rule the NBA has:

"The Sixers also acquired a traded player exception (TPE) worth around $8 million from the Horford trade and another TPE worth around $3 million from the Richardson deal, which can be used for the Sixers to take on a certain amount of salary via trade — they just have to trade draft picks rather than sending out any salary"

Daryl Morey has the Sixers moving in the right direction after a brilliant draft

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Guess they got Paul Reed on a two-way. That's crazy.

Also I really wish they'd give teams more than two development slots. If not a whole team, five?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

They did sign Dakota Mathias, 6'4 guard who shot 39.5% on high volume 3s in the G league last season to a two-way..

"Looking away from those two men, current Texas Legends guard Dakota Mathias is another player with international experience that has stood out on the G League level. After graduating from Purdue in 2018, he had a brief stay in Spain to play with Divina Seguros Joventut of the Spanish ACB League. He put up substantial numbers during his stint with that squad by putting up 7.6 points and 2.1 rebounds on 41% from the field and 36% from 3 on 3.8 attempts in 19 minutes per game.

After a year in Europe, Mathias returned to the United States this fall to spend time with the Dallas Mavericks during training camp. After getting waived shortly before the start of the NBA regular season, Mathias joined the Legends as an affiliate player.
From the jump, the Purdue alum has been able to establish himself as one of the best guards in the entire league. That label is warranted as he’s averaged 20 points, 4.1 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 1.7 steals per game on 47% from the field and 42% from beyond the arc on 9.2 attempts per game. His efficiency as a scorer has allowed him to maintain a fantastic 63% True Shooting Percentage."

Guard Dakota Mathias Has Been A Clutch Shooter For The Texas Legends

2018 NBA Draft Profile: Dakota Mathias
Dakota Mathias's skill set extends beyond the three-point line

Think they replaced a limited shooting guard with a better shooting limited shooting guard.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Getting nostalgia of building my fantasy basketball team around Dwight Howard circa late 2000s/early 2010s when he was a double double machine. Of course I punted free throw percentage in the roto format.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Vet Min?! Daryl, your beard is perfect.

...it’s not guaranteed. Why did Dwight agree to this? What in the world?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chinatown88

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Finally, the Sixers are that team where past-their-prime stars go to settle for having a piece of the action

Reactions: Rebels57

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Same deal as Plumlee lol.

Going cheap on a backup big gives them room to add a ball handler no?

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Can’t complain about the contract certainly, but I really hope Embiid stays healthy this year. I would have preferred Nerlens for sure. I assume he will probably cost more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad