OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Let’s Keep Doing This For JS’s Goodest and Bestest Boy -Draft Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Burke’s performance in the playoffs last year got him this contract, he was excellent. Dallas is an offense oriented team and he fit in perfectly. Brunson is good but Burke gives them more punch off the bench when Luka sits. Especially now that they don’t have Curry.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Wood was like the best player in Summer League one year. A shame the Sixers couldn’t have taken advantage of having him as a backup big in say 2019.

I would love to know how that 2015 draft played out. I refuse to believe Hinkie believed Okafor was BPA. Everything pointed to him being a horrible fit, both for the Sixers and the modern NBA. He either took him with the intention of flipping him at the first opportunity or someone from above stepped in and made the pick.

Rumor is Hinkie wanted Porzingis but he wouldn't play here. Ignoring hindsight (Myles Turner and Booker went later on in the lottery but weren't projected Top 5 picks), I probably would have went with Mudiay at the time once Russell went #2.

I remember leading up the the draft everyone had Okafor going #2 and Russell to us until like a week or two before.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Its market value considering the premium on guards. External factors will determine how good it is.

VV's a good guard, not elite.
He's an adequate replacement if/when Lowry walks. The Raps future hinges on who's ahead of him.
His NHL equivalent would be someone like Tory Krug. Key piece but needs to be your 3rd guy ideally.
Siakam/OG are going to have to improve or they have to pull off another miracle trade to have a chance at the title.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Its market value considering the premium on guards. External factors will determine how good it is.

VV's a good guard, not elite.
He's an adequate replacement if/when Lowry walks. The Raps future hinges on who's ahead of him.
His NHL equivalent would be someone like Tory Krug. Key piece but needs to be your 3rd guy ideally.
Siakam/OG are going to have to improve or they have to pull off another miracle trade to have a chance at the title.
Appreciate the info. Good comparison with Krug. I know up here, the talk is that Gianni's is the dream "get" next offseason and all moves this offseason are with that in mind. But of course, there will be a lineup of teams that will also want him.

Raps are now trying to re-sign Serge...but only want a 1year deal due to that "plan" of having as much cap space as possible available for next offseason.

This season seems like a "lets get ready for 21/22"

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
no one wants to sign with us what's the deal here? has harris really screwed this team up where no players have interest in playing here?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
no one wants to sign with us what's the deal here? has harris really screwed this team up where no players have interest in playing here?

Money. We ain't got room under the cap, just an mid-exemption which doesn't offer enough for the coveted FAs.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He signed with the Clippers last night.
Oh..I didn't see that. I saw a report that Masai was going to go meet with him. I guess he wanted the extra year which makes sense.

Raps have no center right now except for young Boucher who is pencil thin and still developing. Wonder who they try and get.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
After binging Maxey tape the past few days im not all that impressed.
He has a role on this team but idk he's a streaky shooter who leans on his drive game but even thats not all that scaleable.

Reactions: Jtown

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
After binging Maxey tape the past few days im not all that impressed.
He has a role on this team but idk he's a streaky shooter who leans on his drive game but even thats not all that scaleable.

I watched some maxey highlights and he is incapable of beating anyone off the dribble. We along with many others will regret passing on RJ Hampton.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
I watched some maxey highlights and he is incapable of beating anyone off the dribble. We along with many others will regret passing on RJ Hampton.
I think He's got the lowest ceiling of any of the 3 guys we acquired.
I dont see him as much more than an Austin Rivers type bench scorer w questionable defense.

Hampton, Flynn, Jones, Quickley, Bane wouldve all been better picks imo. Hope im wrong.
I do think they hit on Paul Reed though.
Jo will miss games, likely a lot due to the condensed schedule. Dwight cant handle the load by himself.
He'll get NBA minutes this year they wont keep him in the G league long.
He'll feast with Simmons feeding him.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
What? Why? What’s the point? Detroit was just paid to take him.
I blame Brett. Never had any intentions of playing him. It would have been nice to know what he was before he got hurt (again). He'll fit right in with Detroit.

Bradley had the best offensive and net rating for the Jazz last year (SSS) and was model friendly coming out of the draft. Guess you could do worse for a third big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad