OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Let’s Do This For JS’s Goodest and Bestest Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I'm kinda on team Dolan here and I feel dirty.

Plenty of blame to go around. Even if Spike has been using the entrance for 28 years, he's not an employee. If they want to start enforcing that, you can't really blame them.

But do it competently, not pulling the guy out of an elevator to walk around to the other side of the Garden. "Mr. Lee, we have to start enforcing this policy. We would appreciate it if going forward, you would use the VIP entrance. Is there anything we can do to help you in this transition?" If he pitches a fit, you blame it on increased security in these times and you have an out. But it's Dolan, so we get that Press Release.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Plenty of blame to go around. Even if Spike has been using the entrance for 28 years, he's not an employee. If they want to start enforcing that, you can't really blame them.

But do it competently, not pulling the guy out of an elevator to walk around to the other side of the Garden. "Mr. Lee, we have to start enforcing this policy. We would appreciate it if going forward, you would use the VIP entrance. Is there anything we can do to help you in this transition?" If he pitches a fit, you blame it on increased security in these times and you have an out. But it's Dolan, so we get that Press Release.

As i'm sure you know, the Knicks claim that they have repeatedly told him not to use that entrance so... that's on Spike.

Reactions: Chinatown88

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
As i'm sure you know, the Knicks claim that they have repeatedly told him not to use that entrance so... that's on Spike.

Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. Everyone has reason to lie here.

The only thing I know for sure is that the Knicks choose to put themselves into no-win PR situations as a course of everyday business.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Spike Lee is not only an iconic figure in Pop Culture, but he is also a walking advertisement for his beloved Knicks.

For Decades the west coast had Jack and the Lakers and the East Coast had Spike and the Knicks. To act in a way that would put that relationship in danger is not only a terrible business decision , but it shows just how poorly the Knicks understand their reputation among Knick fans and basketball fans in general.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
They could have just finished out the year without incidence...then send out a press conference letter saying that starting next season, only the VIP and general entrances will be used by people attending the game from now on. State that some people have used the employee entrance in the past but going forward, no ones ticket will be scanned and they will not be allowed in. You make the statement in the summer and then make it again before teh season starts.

AND...you go one step further, and you call Lee directly and give him the info....and give whatever excuse you want.

They handled it in the worst way possible...and I saw that Lee has spend over 10 million in season tickets. You don't embarrass a STH like that.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
They could have just finished out the year without incidence...then send out a press conference letter saying that starting next season, only the VIP and general entrances will be used by people attending the game from now on. State that some people have used the employee entrance in the past but going forward, no ones ticket will be scanned and they will not be allowed in. You make the statement in the summer and then make it again before teh season starts.

AND...you go one step further, and you call Lee directly and give him the info....and give whatever excuse you want.

They handled it in the worst way possible...and I saw that Lee has spend over 10 million in season tickets. You don't embarrass a STH like that.

Not a season ticket holder. THE season ticket holder. Lol they're a mess

Reactions: Jtown and Tripod

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Per Forbes the Knicks are the most valuable franchise in the NBA. That's stunning.

Imagine if someone even borderline competent ran that show. It would be worth more than a gold mine.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I am still amazed Silver and the cabal of GM's that orchestrated the Hinkie coup that installed the Colangelos haven't done the same to the Knicks...

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
How is this lineup getting stops on the road?!

This team is the sports equivalent of Mcavoy's character in 'Split'

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I am still amazed Silver and the cabal of GM's that orchestrated the Hinkie coup that installed the Colangelos haven't done the same to the Knicks...
knicks fans and corporate sponsers will show up for a bad team.
sixer fans are as fairweather as it gets.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Dolan thanks the fans, every time he looks at his bank account. especially the one who spends 10 million on season tix. for watching a bad team. that's authentic fans for sure.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Harris and Horford ..glad they stepped it up to fill the Simmons and Embiid voids.....sigh

What wasted cap space.....Brand is a dumb f***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad