OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers: We'll Make You Tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Had it on in the background as they were getting blown out before putting that shit in the foreground in the 4th. Grow them bombers, Brett.

source.gif

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Hood leaving the game helped and thankfully no hero ball by Lillard. To think we almost waived Furkan....he is really proving his worth offensively at least.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Haven't watched a game. Are they the best team in the league?

Guess I need to get on board early this year.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Haven't watched a game. Are they the best team in the league?

Guess I need to get on board early this year.
Too early to tell if best in league. However the giant approach is working, the mental toughness is there to make comebacks, aftually having a bench is fantastic. The defense, oh the defense is real and silly good.

They may not be the best team in the league, but they are the only remaini g undefeated. That they won this type of game without Joel is damn impressive. Unsaid, the Sixers probably don't need to win a game like this is Joel is playing because he just feast and feast and feast on a 10-man Portland squad with only a yound buck dressed as a legitimate big.

Huge game by Korkmaz for obvious reasons. Tv broadcast also highlighted Horford, the two co-shared player of the game.

But honestly, this was a Simmons party. To start he was the only offense, his command was on point, he hit FTs. He's tracking Leonard & Giannis as the best non-Lebron player in the Assoc. (The world isn't fair to bigs, so Joel gets a *).

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
-BB coached his *** off tonight. Felt like we were batting 1000 on plays out of stoppages.

-Neto's minutes were key. IDK if he'll be able to replicate that with consistency but he was the lift we needed.

-Not hyperbole to say Horford has been the best non-Kawhi free agent signing thus far in the NBA. His IQ is truly elite. Simmons processes the game at a similar level but his skills are less developed and his youth begets a lack of urgency at times. Watching them both work the interior and exterior levels on defense in that 4th quarter was great theater

-Gotta play Korkmaz. He just turned 22. When great shooters like Korver and Redick were his age they were still running off screens in college or stapled to the pine. We are all witnesses.

-Early returns on our depth are....encouraging. We've got intruiging prospects like Zhaire and Bolden who cant even get minutes. If the receipts hold up this team could really be scary.

-Too lazy to look it up now but I would love to see the metrics of the Sixers' 4th quarters compared to the 1st 3. Curryball/Silverball era refs are not used to a team like this. They guard all over the floor with insane length and physicality. And they do it THE WHOLE GAME. So many ticky-tack fouls get slapped on us early but when the refs tend to swallow the whistles in the 4th quarter our defense just wrests control of the game from opponents.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I was wondering how many times a team had both the volume and efficiency from 3 that Portland did and still lost in regulation. Turns out it's happened four times. Three times in the last year and it happened just 3 days ago in that crazy Houston-Washington game.

Team Game Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

For the Sixers, only turning it over 11 times and grabbing 13 offensive rebounds sure helped.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Watched it on a delay. I hope this means Neto gets a little burn. Knocking a few Minutes a night off the accumulated mileage is where I want to be.
Yes! Ten guys in the scoring column last night, and Korkmaz the only one you could call a defensive liability. Sixers have won five straight fourth quarters, and that’s how it’s done in this league.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
We need to morph Korkmaz and Thybulle into one player.
Funny enough, I was reading an article that Korkmaz the last game played high end defense. I wish I could find it, but it showed how well he did. Yea Dame scored some points but he scores on everyone. Drew some charges and really kept infront of the opponent. This could be a one-off but it is encouraging. I think his defense looks alot better than last season.

As most know, I always liked Korkmaz. He has a long way to go but he is 22. Him developing would help this team out a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad