OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers: We'll Make You Tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Brown with a new wrinkle. Simmons-Jo-Mike Scott-Kork-Ennis lineup. Dont think Ive seen that before. Looked real good.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Good win for the Philadelphia Emotional Rollercoasters. Which team will show up next game?

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Just watched this video a few days ago. You might find it interesting.

When they show those stats for pts per 100 possessions I have to assume they weren’t keeping track of posessions back when Wilt played. Because I find it hard to believe that when he averaged 50 pts/game for a season that Wilt wasn’t breaking the curve there. Wilt’s numbers are Gretzky-esque.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
When they show those stats for pts per 100 possessions I have to assume they weren’t keeping track of posessions back when Wilt played. Because I find it hard to believe that when he averaged 50 pts/game for a season that Wilt wasn’t breaking the curve there. Wilt’s numbers are Gretzky-esque.
Didn't start tracking until 1973.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
The current league average pace is 101 possessions, back when Wilt had that 50 ppg season the league average pace was 120. Not a perfect measure obviously, but totals in that era were inflated by about 20% compared to today's game.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The problem with Harden is how he draws his fouls and refs letting him get away with it. As they showed in that video, he was hooking Paul George's arm and the foul was called on George. He did the same thing to Kawhi late in a game a couple weeks ago and Kawhi was called for a foul.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad