Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Would you trade Simmons for Lowry?

That gives you that PG that can also shoot and take it to the bucket or dish off.

Let the hatred begin.

No. I like Lowry (he's a Philly guy after all) but too old. Same with Chris Paul. Either one could theoretically make the Sixers better in the short term but if I'm trading Simmons I want a younger guy.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
No. I like Lowry (he's a Philly guy after all) but too old. Same with Chris Paul. Either one could theoretically make the Sixers better in the short term but if I'm trading Simmons I want a younger guy.
Figured as much.

they issue is, another team is not going to give you a young PG that can do the things, Simmons can't...in exchange for Simmons.

Reactions: tucson83

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Simmons needs a come to Jesus moment......not really much of an option. You might just have to bite the bullet and hope he gets it but by that time Embiid will be on his way out....sucks. Timing in life and of course luck is everything ….Philly is short on both

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Why are you so anxious to get rid of your PGs? :sarcasm:
lol...I am not. Just they both seem exactly the type of PG the 76ers need.

And I would not be shocked if 1 is moved because Freddy is a UFA and Kyle has 1 more year after this one. I get the feeling they want to re-sign Freddy, but will need to trade Kyle to do so.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I have a theory.

I think he’s someone who cares a lot about his appearance. How he looks, how he dresses, what he drives, how he plays, his reputation, all of that. I think that being a great defensively is something he knows he can do and it makes him look good. Coaches, scouts, teammates, and fans all love it and respect it. Shooting threes is something he’s not good at and he doesn’t have confidence in, so he’s worried that trying and failing will make him look bad or will cause people to lose respect for him.

Obviously I don’t know the guy and - although a Sixers fan - I’m not hardcore into basketball like I am hockey, but I say this based off of my experience with person know who has a similar mentality, albeit in a different competitive activity. Just an idea.
The thing is in the interview I just posted he said he doesn't care what people think....he is trying and everybody has a weakness....then he goes on about all the other good things he does. If you care to be great and not just good....you'll effin care about your weakness and growing your game. Obviously, he is being defensive but that shows you he needs a bit of humility....he tries to come off confident...but it is an overconfidence mixed in with hubris. Why was he going through the motions last year at times which he admitted to? He is still doing it...actually he is motionless on offense against the zone so he is a liar as well...lol

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
lol...I am not. Just they both seem exactly the type of PG the 76ers need.

And I would not be shocked if 1 is moved because Freddy is a UFA and Kyle has 1 more year after this one. I get the feeling they want to re-sign Freddy, but will need to trade Kyle to do so.

Gotcha. Honestly, I don't know what the answer is for the Sixers. Hopefully they can figure things out this season. They were so close last year and this team, at least on paper, should be as talented if not more so.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Gotcha. Honestly, I don't know what the answer is for the Sixers. Hopefully they can figure things out this season. They were so close last year and this team, at least on paper, should be as talented if not more so.
Last year when Raps played them, Butler was scary as hell. They didn't replace that fear factor...just like Raps and KL.

When 76ers are running/gunning...they are still scary. But man, having a PG that can't shoot from distance or be good taking free throws, huge issue

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Sadly if Butler was willing which he prolly was not.....we should have kept him over Tobi. Dude might now have a better chance in Miami than with Philly for a championship...they have players not afraid to shoot! East is up in the air though...it looked weak but not so. This is all experience right now but not a lot of time to keep learning....they got start really ramping up and being more professional and consistent. Luckily some of these tough games are at home but real contenders win on the road....they have regressed badly this season on the road.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
The thing is in the interview I just posted he said he doesn't care what people think....he is trying and everybody has a weakness....then he goes on about all the other good things he does. If you care to be great and not just good....you'll effin care about your weakness and growing your game. Obviously, he is being defensive but that shows you he needs a bit of humility....he tries to come off confident...but it is an overconfidence mixed in with hubris. Why was he going through the motions last year at times which he admitted to? He is still doing it...actually he is motionless on offense against the zone so he is a liar as well...lol
Someone needs to get through to him that even missing when shooting will still open up the floor and make passing and driving easier.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Damn. RIP David Stern. Heck of a lawyer. Heck of a showman.
Changed the face of sports and entertainment forever.

In a virulently racist nation and world helped to make a league dominated by African Americans a global juggernaut and cultural lodestone.
Helped to create an environment where the players control their own destinies as opposed to the whims of braindead owners and unqualified GMs.

Salute.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Damn. RIP David Stern. Heck of a lawyer. Heck of a showman.
Changed the face of sports and entertainment forever.

In a virulently racist nation and world helped to make a league dominated by African Americans a global juggernaut and cultural lodestone.
Helped to create an environment where the players control their own destinies as opposed to the whims of braindead owners and unqualified GMs.

Salute.
BTB..

Better than Buttman...

RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00