OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are here to Shake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Tough loss but they fought to the end. Embiid had a bad game and Simmons had his usual "mild" (to put it politely) game against Boston. Still working the new guys into the schemes so not too depressing to lose a close one. Except it's the Celtics and it sucks.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
They went 7-5 over this 12 game stretch. I said in the last thread when this part of the schedule came around I'd be good with that, and yet, as I sit here, I still feel like they should've done better. I'll accept the L when they were resting guys (mainly Embiid) vs. Denver, and I'll also accept that they got a little unlucky vs. OKC in that loss but it evened out a bit with a win in GS that I didn't think they'd pull off. But they really should've taken care of business vs. Sacramento, and vs. Boston tonight who was without Kyrie. Simmons going 2 for 7 from the line was a not insignificant (double negative be damned) factor in the loss along with Tobias going 0fer from 3.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
One criticism of Brown I would have for this game- why play Boban over Bolden? Boban can't guard Horford, Bolden would do a much better job. And he would stretch the floor some. If Baynes was playing I could see using Boban but not against Horford and Theis.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I like BB...but I am not so sure he is the coach to take this team over the top. He definitely has to show much more than he did last year in the playoffs and he has to show he can coach this team to defeat the likes of Boston and Toronto.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
As was said before, The Sixers timeline hasnt changed.

Youre not winning the title until Simmons/Embiid are both in their primes.

Until Simmons becomes more polished ad willing on offense and Jo is able to dominate without depending on a inordinate amount of trips to the line and both beome better decision makers late youre not winning the title.

Jimmy Butler wasnt the difference. Neither is Tobias. Their gonna be the 3 and 4 to Jo/Simmons 1 and 2.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Welp, that was unsatisfying. In a complete fluke, and somehow tangentially related, PSU major upset over Michigan, 75-69.

And the Flyers won as well, can't have all the nice things.

Toward the end of the game, to relieve some tension, the wife and I flipped back and forth between the game and My Cousin Vinny. My Cousin Vinny always brings a smile to the face.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
??

That's a guy taking the blame, saying he played like **** and owning up to it. What do you want him to say?
i don't want him to say he was sleepwalking for 3 quarters. say he needs to play better or he didn't play well. saying what he did, gives me the impression that, he wasn't ready or interested in playing well enough to win.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The team has 36 wins, some how Brett Brown has attributed to zero of them. lol

Despite having two young stars still figuring things out, and despite having only three remaining starters from the start of the season (including the same two young stars) and despite having five guys playing only their third game with the team, Brett Brown is not allowed to lose a game to arguably the best defensive team in the league. In fact, he’s not allowed to lose any games. Completely unacceptable.

Reactions: deadhead

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
If you switch coaches, we win by 20.

We will never ever beat that team in a 7 game series.
I couldn't agree more. Brown is Stevens' bitch. They keep losing to this team for same reasons. The Sixers might have only lost by 3 points but Boston dominated them and they never had a chance to win that game. So frustrating.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
I couldn't agree more. Brown is Stevens' *****. They keep losing to this team for same reasons. The Sixers might have only lost by 3 points but Boston dominated them and they never had a chance to win that game. So frustrating.
It’s like watching a game on repeat.

It’s so frustratingly similar every game. I haven’t been this rattled by a matchup since that like 3 year stretch where we couldn’t beat the Rangers.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
It’s like watching a game on repeat.

It’s so frustratingly similar every game. I haven’t been this rattled by a matchup since that like 3 year stretch where we couldn’t beat the Rangers.
It's deflating......I hope they can figure them out at some point. They just have our number...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad