OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are here to Shake part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Kobe Bryant recently saying Simmons has to get a jump shot and is "dead serious." He will "regret" it at the end of his career if he doesn't......

Well duh......

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
With Simmons, I'm pretty confident he'll never be a good pull up shooter, he's just too unnatural and far behind. However, I'm not one of the people that will crucify him for his lack of jumper. The last thing I want him to do is chuck up mid range shots at a crap percentage, mid range shots are good if you could hit them in the high 40s at least, and not many players could do that.

Right now he's a very efficient 58.1% true shooting percentage. If he makes a reasonable and very possible improvement at the free throw line in the upcoming years, to say 70%, that would be great. For reference if he shot 70% from the line this year his TS% right now would be 60.0%, which would rank him 18th instead of 28th amongst the 64 players averaging more than 16 PPG this season.

Clean up the turnovers a bit and get him in a properly constructed lineup (two versatile guards+Harris+BS+JE) as well. His FG% at the rim is some low hanging fruit to improve upon too. In the distant future, maybe he could work in a set shot 3 pointer, but right now it should be about those free throws. Basketball, and pretty much all sports, are all about the value a player adds, if Simmons is adding great offensive value I don't care if it's not the conventional way a typical primary ball handler does it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
With Simmons, I'm pretty confident he'll never be a good pull up shooter, he's just too unnatural and far behind. However, I'm not one of the people that will crucify him for his lack of jumper. The last thing I want him to do is chuck up mid range shots at a crap percentage, mid range shots are good if you could hit them in the high 40s at least, and not many players could do that.

Right now he's a very efficient 58.1% true shooting percentage. If he makes a reasonable and very possible improvement at the free throw line in the upcoming years, to say 70%, that would be great. For reference if he shot 70% from the line this year his TS% right now would be 60.0%, which would rank him 18th instead of 28th amongst the 64 players averaging more than 16 PPG this season.

Clean up the turnovers a bit and get him in a properly constructed lineup (two versatile guards+Harris+BS+JE) as well. His FG% at the rim is some low hanging fruit to improve upon too. In the distant future, maybe he could work in a set shot 3 pointer, but right now it should be about those free throws. Basketball, and pretty much all sports, are all about the value a player adds, if Simmons is adding great offensive value I don't care if it's not the conventional way a typical primary ball handler does it.

Free throws should be his first priority, then improving his shot within 15'. The jump hook, the little fadeaway, etc.
Hitting those "gimme" shots at close to 50% will open up lanes to the basket.
And if defenders feel they can't give him that shot, it'll open up passing and cutting lanes.
You don't want him out at the perimeter, unlike Embiid, he's not usually pulling a shot blocker away from the basket, but pulling in a shorter guard who can't contest the rebound against him.

What they really need is to get Smith healthy and ready to play the off guard, bring Reddick off the bench where you can avoid bad defensive matchups (and limit his minutes which will help his shooting) and resign Harris and Butler. That would be an athletic starting five.
I'd look at signing Saric if he becomes available to replace Ennis, bring back Scott, TJ and Boban along with Bolden and Milton.
Then let them play together for 82 games and develop some chemistry.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Tough games coming up.....of course the hated Celtics is one of them. Bucks of course are deep and tough too. Will be interesting to see if the Sixers step up or step down....

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Utah banned the fan and his wife who heckled Westbrook for life after an investigation. Well deserved.
Nothing worse than racist "fans" of a sport that is dominated by POC.

It's scary to think of the daily mental gymnastics those types have to go through in order to enjoy a sport.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Utah banned the fan and his wife who heckled Westbrook for life after an investigation. Well deserved.

It's scary to think of the daily mental gymnastics those types have to go through in order to enjoy a sport.

The guy that was banned "used to be a highway patrolman and is now a car salesman."

If you asked me to guess that assholes career history, that's exactly what i would have come up with. f***ing perfect :laugh:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

There have been a number of similar incidents in the English Premier League- you have to wonder what century some of these people think they’re living in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille