OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are here to Shake part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
An Embeastly game …..we obviously need him healthy to avoid getting upset in the playoffs as much as possible....we are just a different team particularly defensively when he is playing. No surprise...

Tim Tebow

Jan 25, 2012
Westeros
no. this is his second season in which he has negative vorp.

Ah it's been a while since I have seen the vorp argument lol.

As said though Ingram started the season terribly and was on fire before he got hurt. His season vorp has no relevance to my point.

With that said I wouldn't put all your eggs into just looking at a vorp number and taking it as gospel on a players value. For example Embiid is the Sixers MVP by a wide margin it's not even debatable. Yet vorp would imply Butler would be harder to replace than Embiid.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Ah it's been a while since I have seen the vorp argument lol.

As said though Ingram started the season terribly and was on fire before he got hurt. His season vorp has no relevance to my point.

With that said I wouldn't put all your eggs into just looking at a vorp number and taking it as gospel on a players value. For example Embiid is the Sixers MVP by a wide margin it's not even debatable. Yet vorp would imply Butler would be harder to replace than Embiid.

The biggest problem with Ingram is paying him is an issue for anyone that trades for him.

He had certainly been playing better than early in the year even if some things you really want to see like the Corner 3 weren't there like they were last year, but you've got to balance getting 2 years of control out of a guy who already looks like not a star versus playing the draft lottery for 5 years of control.

When the rookie scale is up, you have to be right. Can't give those deals to non-stars as a rebuilder.

Reactions: flyersphan20
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad