Teemu's Book (Boudreau comments)

PrometheusOC

Jun 23, 2014
This morning on Jim Rome, Getzy admitted that Teemu's comments got him "pissed off". Thought that was interesting to hear - quite a bit stronger than his initial comments to the Ducks media after the quotes were released.

Clearly the alleged follow-up meeting between the two still has not taken place.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
This morning on Jim Rome, Getzy admitted that Teemu's comments got him "pissed off". Thought that was interesting to hear - quite a bit stronger than his initial comments to the Ducks media after the quotes were released.

Clearly the alleged follow-up meeting between the two still has not taken place.

or the follow-up meet did take place and it didn't go very well lol

OR

the follow-up meet did take place and they've hashed it out so that now getzy doesn't have to be diplomatic in his answers since he knows he already talked to teemu first and they're fine

PrometheusOC

Jun 23, 2014
or the follow-up meet did take place and it didn't go very well lol

OR

the follow-up meet did take place and they've hashed it out so that now getzy doesn't have to be diplomatic in his answers since he knows he already talked to teemu first and they're fine

He definitely made it sound as if they hadn't met. I know you're being sarcastic, but it wasn't just that quote, it was also the context. Getz could have said something like "I was pissed off, and I told T that," or something similar.

I don't really like Rome and was only listening because Getz was on, but Rome seemed to know a lot about Selanne and was asking several questions about it. If Getzy had met with Teemu there was ample opportunity for him to mention (or imply) it.

I'm not sure what Teemu is up to now (maybe our resident Finns can inform us), but I thought it was kind of surprising they haven't at least had a phone call or something. With the retirement ceremony and the possibility of Teemu taking a job with the team, I found the continuing Cold War-esque silence to be a bit odd.

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014

This is what makes me think that the comments were Teemu just throwing a fit. If Bodreau were as bad of a coach with his vets as some are arguing, I doubt our captain would have been so irked by Teemu's comments regarding him.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

That's not really surprising. He's the captain, he's proud. I'm sure he believes he does a good job. Then a so called friend blasts him in the media for purely selfish reasons? Yeah, I'd be pissed too.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I'm not sure what Teemu is up to now (maybe our resident Finns can inform us), but I thought it was kind of surprising they haven't at least had a phone call or something. With the retirement ceremony and the possibility of Teemu taking a job with the team, I found the continuing Cold War-esque silence to be a bit odd.

To my knowledge, Teemu should be back in California already. Don't know what he is up to though. He had that one interview just before he left saying he wants to sit down with Boudreau and apologize. Seems like Teemu haven't talked yet either to Boudreau or Getzlaf. Maybe it's because of the preseason preparations are still going on so they haven't had the time to meet just yet.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Getzlaf had a right to be pissed. I would have been pissed, too. I'm sure Teemu will try to make amends, and things will be good, but Teemu ****ed up.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
This is what makes me think that the comments were Teemu just throwing a fit. If Bodreau were as bad of a coach with his vets as some are arguing, I doubt our captain would have been so irked by Teemu's comments regarding him.
Who is "him" (comments regarding him)? Boudreau? Because Teemu made comments basically questioning Getzlaf as a captain. So Getzlaf could easily be pissed at comments about Getzlaf.

"If Boudreau were as bad of a coach..." would only matter if Teemu never said anything bad about Getzlaf.

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014
Who is "him" (comments regarding him)? Boudreau? Because Teemu made comments basically questioning Getzlaf as a captain. So Getzlaf could easily be pissed at comments about Getzlaf.

"If Boudreau were as bad of a coach..." would only matter if Teemu never said anything bad about Getzlaf.

Didn't see the one he made on Getzlaf... or maybe I felt it was taken out of context.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Anaheim Ducks forward Ryan Getzlaf didn’t take kindly to being mentioned in former teammates Teemu Selanne’s book. Selanne was critical of how coach Bruce Boudreau handled his ice time last season and felt like the captain, Getzlaf, should have lobbied more on his behalf.

“I was pissed off, to tell you the truth,†Getzlaf told The Jim Rome Show. “It wasn’t great. I thought it was kind of unnecessary for him to come out and say something like that.â€

Getzlaf said just because Selanne didn’t see something doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

“Teemu doesn’t know everything that goes on. He doesn’t know how many times I had conversations about him in the last two years, to help him, to try and get him to where he wanted to be,†said Getzlaf.

The Stanley Cup winner and 2-time gold medalist says as a leader of the Ducks, he has to worry about the entire roster.

“I’m the captain of the hockey team, not of one player,†said Getzlaf. “I have to kind of weigh in where my voice is going to be heard and where’s it’s not. There are times where I have to step away and just let our coaches and GM make the decisions and go with it.â€

The Stanley Cup champion said it’s a hard situation for everyone when there’s tension between your head coach and a veteran super-star like Selanne.

“These last two years, dealing with some of that stuff was really hard,†said Getzlaf. “A Hall of Famer who has been around for a long time, someone who I looked up to when I was here, and to watch him kind of go through that, it was a little bit tugh.â€

Can't say I disagree with anything he said

satchmo

Mar 21, 2012
Who cares what Getzlaf thinks.......ordinary player in a ordinary team. Selanne is a legend!:yo:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Who cares what Getzlaf thinks.......ordinary player in a ordinary team. Selanne is a legend!:yo:
Hitler is a legend too, not necesarily good... ok, bad example. Teemu just showed his dark side in that book that i`d rather not know. I guess he haven`t weared his ''C'' letter much for a reason in his career. I still love him, don`t get me wrong.
Captain Canada even leads his men into foreign night clubs on international tournaments...

PLAYERS GO OUT? YOU GODDA BE FRIGGINg JOKING!!!!!1!!1

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Great morning practice surely for the same night's game.

And against whom was that game? Players drinking in WC`s is nothing new there have been a lot of scandals.

Getz sure had growing pains, one of the main reasons he fell in a draft (thank god) was his character. But he is now a captain i`m really happy about.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
There was no practice or game the next day. This has been well documented.

It was also well documented that one of the players (from the Ducks duo) was willing to fight it out with civilians in that night club, shouting out threats when the bouncer got involved... He was even named out by eye-witnesses.

Professionalism at it's finest and surely a fitting way to celebrate your non-playoffs season.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It was also well documented that one of the players (from the Ducks duo) was willing to fight it out with civilians in that night club, shouting out threats when the bouncer got involved... He was even named out by eye-witnesses.

Professionalism at it's finest and surely a fitting way to celebrate your non-playoffs season.
Cool. Mind to share it?

Pathiic

Mar 13, 2014
Norway
Can anyone tell me the name of the book and please tell me its going to be released in english soon?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad