Teemu's Book (Boudreau comments)

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
All from https://twitter.com/jhiitela

”It would have been wrong if we had won the Stanley Cup with coach like that.” #teemu

”You are as good as you your coach wants you to be. If we had any other coach, I’d still be playing.” -Teemu

After BB decided to scratch him for game 4 against Dallas: "I waited after everyone else had left the ice and skated to Boudreau…"

I yelled him right to his face what I was thinking. I ask what he has against me. I told him that since he became our coach…"

"he has not respected me one bit. You never put me on ice when we play 5on3 of 4on4 or when we are one goal behind in the end of the game."

"Be honest for one time and answer.! He just stammered that decisions we not his alone and it was a group decision."

"He tried to skate away but I just yelled I wasn’t finish. I told Boudreau if you ever want to win something in a playoffs…"

”... you’re going to need me. Nobody else wants to win as much as me. It felt really good."

I don't know what to think, but this doesn't seem like a Teemu thing to do.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
All from https://twitter.com/jhiitela

â€It would have been wrong if we had won the Stanley Cup with coach like that.†#teemu

â€You are as good as you your coach wants you to be. If we had any other coach, I’d still be playing.†-Teemu

After BB decided to scratch him for game 4 against Dallas: "I waited after everyone else had left the ice and skated to Boudreau…"

I yelled him right to his face what I was thinking. I ask what he has against me. I told him that since he became our coach…"

"he has not respected me one bit. You never put me on ice when we play 5on3 of 4on4 or when we are one goal behind in the end of the game."

"Be honest for one time and answer.! He just stammered that decisions we not his alone and it was a group decision."

"He tried to skate away but I just yelled I wasn’t finish. I told Boudreau if you ever want to win something in a playoffs…"

â€... you’re going to need me. Nobody else wants to win as much as me. It felt really good."

I don't know what to think, but this doesn't seem like a Teemu thing to do.

I knew they didn't have a good relationship, but wow.

Can't say I agree with Teemu on this one. I love the man as much as anyone, but Bruce made the right choice.

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
He also says he had doubts about resigning to Ducks in 2013, because of BB. Considered going to either LA Kings or… yes, Winnipeg Jets.

That's a tad of respect gone....

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
Perhaps the best quote from this all:

In first intermission of Game 7 against LA, Kings lead 3-0. Teemu took his cell phone in the locker room and sent a txt msg to his wife..

… and couple of friends. In English. ”****ing joke."

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
Cherry on top to mask the taste of the **** cake:

BUT he also says: ”There’s nothing wrong with my relationship with Boudreau. In fact, he is a nice man."

”We just had very different view of what kind of player I am."

SO in the end basically this is all about himself. Since he first says it would be a joke to win with a coach like him and then followed it up with he's actually a decent person and it was just misunderstanding that Teemu totally was not below average at age 43.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
In the 4 game span some time after Olympics he did score 4 points in 4 games. Half of those points were in one game against Florida (one of the worst teams in the league). And the Ducks actually lost 2 of that 4 game span.

I understand he can be a bit angry but oh my - not like this. He weren`t the player he used to be anymore.

He`s a legend and that is really sad if his last memories of this team will be like this.

EDIT: just read that last Teemu Salami comment.

Oh well...
This really doesn`t sound like Teemu. How reliable is that twitter source? He have a lot of followers but how good he is with his info?
Maybe he posted some stuff he shouldn`t be posting?

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
In the 4 game span some time after Olympics he did score 4 points in 4 games. Half of those points were in one game against Florida (one of the worst teams in the league). And the Ducks actually lost 2 of that 4 game span.

I understand he can be a bit angry but oh my - not like this. He weren`t the player he used to be anymore.

He`s a legend and that is really sad if his last memories of this team will be like this.

EDIT: just read that last Teemu Salami comment.

Oh well...
This really doesn`t sound like Teemu. How reliable is that twitter source? He have a lot of followers but how good he is with his info?
Maybe he posted some stuff he shouldn`t be posting?

This is all directly from Teemu's book, unless the guy is lying. His twitter says he is an NHL correspondent for a Finnish magazine with 14k followers that says:

"Finland's largest and highest-quality special sports magazine. Uncompromising background stuff , emotional reportages , expert analyzes . In electronic format and on paper." (according to google translate)

and here: http://www.iltasanomat.fi/jaakiekko/art-1288739777208.html

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
More from the guy's twitter

Some harsh words to Carlyle too. He mentions too hard training camps: ”Team was already tired in the fall when should have collect pts."

He mentions too difficult training camps with Carlyle twice.

(about Randy: "”Those teams would had fresh legs, went to playoffs and succeeded there…"

SCREW all the coaches! Bring back Babcock!

EDIT

He was also very pissed of when Ducks sold Andy McDonald after 2007 SC. ”I never got to play with that good center after that."

He also reveals that he spoke with Kings head coach Andy Murray and GM Dave Taylor already in 2005. After Burke said Ducks have no money.

Things could have went very differently for us, wow.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I... i don`t know how to feel. I guess that will be one very, very interesting book

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
The biography book Teemu was released today. The book tells Teemu's story and I have to say I've not read it yet. I've read from the media that in the book Selänne rips Boudreau a new one. He even tells that if Boedreau would not be in the Ducks, he would still play. His beef seems to be that Boedreau gave him promises he didn't keep and blames him that the team didn't do well last season.

Also if it wasn't clear before, it is now. He is retired but may play a exhibition match in Jokerit some point in time. He also tells that the Ducks have told him that he himself can create a position himself in the Ducks organization.

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
The biography book Teemu was released today. The book tells Teemu's story and I have to say I've not read it yet. I've read from the media that in the book Selänne rips Boudreau a new one. He even tells that if Boedreau would not be in the Ducks, he would still play. His beef seems to be that Boedreau gave him promises he didn't keep and blames him that the team didn't do well last season.

Also if it wasn't clear before, it is now. He is retired but may play a exhibition match in Jokerit some point in time. He also tells that the Ducks have told him that he himself can create a position himself in the Ducks organization.

It is known Khaleesi. heheheh. Sorry first time i've gotten to use that line.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Ok, turns out the book has been released already, i didn`t knew that, thought it was in some sort of creation process.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Another bit published in Finnish media: http://yle.fi/urheilu/hurja_paljast...n_kahden_vuoden_paskat_ulos_itsestani/7478646

Selänteen tuska kuitenkin jatkui juuri ennen Sotshin olympialaisia. Hän kertoo kirjassa, että joukkueen pelaajat pitivät kahdenkeskiset neuvottelut päävalmentajan kanssa.

- Se sanoi mulle, että sun pitää ruveta syöttämään kovempaa. Mä olin, että mitä hittoa. Se palaveri oli siinä. Sotshi antoi mulle voimaa. Ilman olympiakisoja olisin heittänyt pyyhkeen kehään kesken kauden, Selänne paljastaa kirjassa.

Translation:

Selänne continued to have issues up to the Olympics. He recounts a face-to-face meeting the the players had with the coach.

- He said to me that I have start passing harder. I was like "what the hell...? Olympics gave me strength, without them I would retired during the season.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
So I guess he didn't like BB as a coach :laugh: but as a person he says:

"There’s nothing wrong with my relationship with Boudreau. In fact, he is a nice man"

And what comes to the LA stuff, well he never wen't there...took many paycuts in Ducks as we all know.

and "jhiitela" about the book:

Book is NO way bitter in general

Last edited:

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Teemu makes Boudreau look like a real A-Hole. First to make promises to Teemu he never indented to keep and then does't back up his decisions to Teemu when he confronted him. Sure, Teemu didn't have a good season but he wasn't used like should have been used. To not use Teemu in PP situation is just plain stupid in my book.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA

Official title - Teemu ******* Selanne

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Opinion from the other side:

Boudreau appeared on “Prime Time Sports” with Bob McCown after receiving a two-year contract extension last week and discussed his relationship with Selanne and Saku Koivu. He is the fastest NHL coach ever to win 300 games and acknowledged that having two legendary players at the end of their careers complicated his job.

“It was tough sometimes because they were both getting a little older and I was really conscientious of how much ice time I gave them,” Boudreau said. “I mean they’re both icons in the league and you don’t want to embarrass them by not playing them enough.”

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/selanne-blasts-ex-coach-boudreau/

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
BB can go to hell. He mismanaged the goalie situation, his choice of d-men during the playoffs was absolutly bull crap, him not giving Selanne enough PP time was stupid, and the teams effort in Game 7 against Kings was a effin' joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad