SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
gw-teemu-jari.gif

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm gonna miss him when he's gone for sure. So happy that he had a good tournament. Even if it cost the US a medal.

moonbal

Apr 29, 2013
Pillsbury Toronto
Is there anyone in the hockey world who doesn't like Teemu?

This guy?
chris-pronger1.jpg

Pronger Vows to Kill Selanne

By Victor Chi
Knight-Ridder Newspapers
02/25/2002 03:33 PM

SAN JOSE, Calif. - As players milled around the ice to shake hands and offer congratulations after Canada had eliminated Finland in the Olympic quarterfinals Wednesday, Canadian defenseman Chris Pronger practically sprinted toward Teemu Selanne.

Just as Pronger, the Blues' captain, was about to get in Selanne's face, the NBC camera cut away from the confrontation. None of the announcers noticed it, and the issue was never discussed.

But surely inquiring minds wanted to know ...

Was Pronger, who had been cut on the forehead after absorbing a big check from Selanne on the endboards late in the third period, going to give Selanne a tough-game-but-no-hard-feelings greeting?

Or was he ready to blow a gasket?

According to one source, Pronger interjected some expletives while telling Selanne: "I'm going to kill you."

After his first practice with the Sharks since the Olympics, Selanne confirmed Sunday that Pronger had vowed to kill him.

But Selanne declined to speak further about Pronger's eruption, except to say that he had told Pronger to shut up.

Suffice it to say that the volume on the Sharks-Blues rivalry - already high after the clubs split playoff meetings the past two seasons - has been cranked up.

The Blues will be in San Jose on March 13. The Sharks' final road game is April 11 in St. Louis.

Selanne was joined at practice Sunday (the team's last on-ice workout before resuming action Tuesday in Nashville) by the other Sharks Olympians bounced in the quarterfinals: Marcus Ragnarsson and Niklas Sundstrom for Sweden and Marco Sturm for Germany.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Selanne was always my favorite player along with Koivu. Always wished that these two could have played together for the habs. What a great career and player. Always pulled for Finland in international event because of these two.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
One of my favourite all-time players. I'm glad he stays around each year so I get to see more of his enduring talent and class, and I'm sad that he's chosen to finally end his elite, amazing career.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
I want all the foreign language interviews from the elimination hockey in the Olympics this year. Anyone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad