Waived: Teemu Pulkkinen (Assigned to Iowa)

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Put him second or third line and PP minutes.

When we got him he was given time in top 9, but he did pretty much nothing with it. He needs to play himself into that lineup and earn those bigger minutes and that has been a bit too much to ask here and in Detroit as well I suppose.

And honestly it's a tougher task here than with the Wings.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
When we got him he was given time in top 9, but he did pretty much nothing with it. He needs to play himself into that lineup and earn those bigger minutes and that has been a bit too much to ask here and in Detroit as well I suppose.

And honestly it's a tougher task here than with the Wings.

How dare he not score all our goals in the 9 minutes he's played in our top 9 (literally his combined ice time with our top 9 Centers of Haula, Koivu and Staal. A third of that was probably in transition line change transition).

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
How dare he not score all our goals in the 9 minutes he's played in our top 9 (literally his combined ice time with our top 9 Centers of Haula, Koivu and Staal. A third of that was probably in transition line change transition).

Did he score any goals? Honest question.

Edit: In 8 games he scored 1 and was a -1. So.... take that for what it's worth.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Did he score any goals? Honest question.

Edit: In 8 games he scored 1 and was a -1. So.... take that for what it's worth.

Scoring 1 goal every 60 minutes of 5v5 ice time is a good rate. He played 67 minutes of 5v5 ice time, and scored a goal. He did what he was brought in to do and an acceptable rate.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Oh please. He looked like a little boy out there. Enough with the Finnish superstar ****. Pulkkinen probably has one more chance...maybe two to make the NHL. If he doesn't make an impression, and soon, he'll go the way of Schroeder.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Pulkkinen, and his route to the NHL, reminds me a lot of Pominville.

With a few tweeks to his game, and the right situation, he could be a legit top-6 player in the league.

Although the NHL has changed a lot in the last decade.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's kind of a tough issue. You don't want to gift a spot to a young player, but also want to put them in good spots to succeed. And we aren't really in a situation where we can give him an extended look in a top 6 spot to see what he could do. His best shot, and it would really suck for us, would be if Coyle, Parise and Zucker were all out of the lineup for 2-3+ weeks. Until then, you can't really justify starting him in the top 9.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Oh please. He looked like a little boy out there. Enough with the Finnish superstar ****. Pulkkinen probably has one more chance...maybe two to make the NHL. If he doesn't make an impression, and soon, he'll go the way of Schroeder.

I'm not trying to say he's got a raw deal or anything like that. But that doesn't make it ok to perpetuate a myth. He got a handful of shifts in a top 9 role. There is also no one in the top 9 he should replace.

I'd be fine with him on the 4th line in place of Gabreal(or even Stewie). But BB wants to go bigger, and that's fine.

But his production was fine for the minutes he got with his linemates.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
It's kind of a tough issue. You don't want to gift a spot to a young player, but also want to put them in good spots to succeed. And we aren't really in a situation where we can give him an extended look in a top 6 spot to see what he could do. His best shot, and it would really suck for us, would be if Coyle, Parise and Zucker were all out of the lineup for 2-3+ weeks. Until then, you can't really justify starting him in the top 9.

Pretty much this. If a top 9 Winger goes down for a few games, Pulkinnen should get a call up and a legitimate shot at those minutes to see what he is capable of. Basically, what we know now is that he doesn't play the type of game BB wants out of our 4th line.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Why aren't waivers required this time?

A player does not need to pass through waivers if the player has not been on the NHL active roster for a cumulative 30 days since last clearing waivers, and has not played in 10 or more NHL games. CBA Reference 13.2(b)

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
That's literally what the Wild did with Pulkkinen earlier this season. He produced 1 point in 8 games.

He wasn't played in a shooter role. And that's all he has so maybe play him in a shooter role if you want to know if there's anything to him?

I do think that Pulkkinen just isn't good enough for NHL, but i kinda wanna see him as the trigger man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad