Ted Nolan Appreciation Thread

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
That's bull **** too. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

Inaccurate but expected response. Wallow in your hate I guess.

That main board thread is driven by our posters as evidence by the post totals by individual posters. Its not even close. Our posters our 24 of the top 36 posters. The run away leader is you with Sabres posters making up 4 of the top 6 posters and 11 of the top 15. But you keep pretending its a mass conspiracy of Nolan lovers and Sabres haters driving that thread.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013

That main board thread is driven by our posters as evidence by the post totals by individual posters. Its not even close. Our posters our 24 of the top 36 posters. The run away leader is you with Sabres posters making up 4 of the top 6 posters and 11 of the top 15. But you keep pretending its a mass conspiracy of Nolan lovers and Sabres haters driving that thread.

Not to interrupt this debate as a feather ruffler, but only from genuine curiosity -

Is it possible that someone who has a lot of posts (so like, is a "top poster") is responding to a greater number of individual posters? And if that's the case, how does a small group of posters responding to a larger group of posters, equate to it being the small group who are the drivers?

Relating this to a topic I know so well (hahah), if 20 people bash Hodgson and I respond to each bashing, I'd probably be the "top poster". But how does that make me the "driver" of the conspiracy to prop the guy rather than simply a prolific (and dedicated ;)) defender against the other 20 posters conspiring to bash the guy?

What I really mean is - is it possible that both you and Beerz are right?

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Not to interrupt this debate as a feather ruffler, but only from genuine curiosity -

Is it possible that someone who has a lot of posts (so like, is a "top poster") is responding to a greater number of individual posters? And if that's the case, how does a small group of posters responding to a larger group of posters, equate to it being the small group who are the drivers?

Relating this to a topic I know so well (hahah), if 20 people bash Hodgson and I respond to each bashing, I'd probably be the "top poster". But how does that make me the "driver" of the conspiracy to prop the guy rather than simply a prolific (and dedicated ;)) defender against the other 20 posters conspiring to bash the guy?

trouble maker :sarcasm:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Really. Who gives a rats ass who its driven by. I responded to the part of your post that I was interested in...and you compelled me to respond to something else which I didn't give a lick about that's why I called it ********.

Go ahead...get your pie graphs out and have a ball I don't care what you are or aren't trying to prove.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

No. Its not possible because I'm not even in that damn discussion :laugh:

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
No. Its not possible because I'm not even in that damn discussion :laugh:

Hmm... well, then that also makes you right. Which makes Josh right for his convo point too....

Which means... wow, gee, shucks, that *I* am right! :eek:

This has been an exceptionally good day. Celebratory drinks are in order.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Really. Who gives a rats ass who its driven by. I responded to the part of your post that I was interested in...

Its relevant to the poster I initially quoted.

and you compelled me to respond to something else which I didn't give a lick about that's why I called it ********.

You didn't have to respond nor did you have to respond in the bitter and angry fashion you did. That was something you did all by yourself. This topic has you well beyond reason.

Go ahead...get your pie graphs out and have a ball I don't care what you are or aren't trying to prove.

:laugh:

Thats not surprising.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Its relevant to the poster I initially quoted.

You didn't have to respond nor did you have to respond in the bitter and angry fashion you did. That was something you did all by yourself. This topic has you well beyond reason.

:laugh:

Thats not surprising.

Jesus. I responded to the part I was interested in ... not your quest about who is driving a freakin' thread yet you felt the need for me to address it for some unknown reason. Whatever.

Have fun with it.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Jesus. I responded to the part I was interested in ... not your quest about who is driving a freakin' thread yet you felt the need for me to address it for some unknown reason. Whatever.

Have fun with it.

My initial point was whether or not what you think is ******** was or not. The driving force of the debate (in that thread and here) was Sabre posters and Nolan haters.

I said that because the poster I quoted said this………..But, It's really hard to appreciate him more with all the drama the zealous Nolan loyalists and Sabre haters are doing right now.

I've seen little evidence that posters of that ilk are framing the debate. Its certainly not taking place on this forum. That was the only point I was trying to make.

Last edited:

PirateShip

May 26, 2013
Bunnell Florida
Enjoy the 2 year " golden parachute " Ted ...

Tanks for the memories and I appreciate your gallant, though unsuccessful :shakehead efforts to rally your players toward the 29th place championship.

Go Latvia !

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX

Sabres fans in a thread about the Sabres being the most active...Somehow, I'm not shocked.

LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Nolan fan, I still appreciate the playoff run in 1995... He's a better coach than many give him credit for being but Murray saw it differently.. I can't wait to see who replaces him and their ability to build the new Sabre team from bottom up... Good luck Ted...

That playoff run in 1995 wasn't too special, but thank you John Muckler for coaching that team to the playoffs.

Nolan coached the two best players (Lafontaine, Hasek) in Sabres history and still managed to miss the playoffs.

Results matter. Losing more than 60% of your games makes you terrible. Thank goodness nobody will ever argue this loser coaches Buffalo again.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I hope the next head coach doesn't read some of the comments about Teddy in this thread.... I feel bad for Ted Nolan getting fired for no reason other than wanting to win hockey games but my opinion on him is known, I can't wait to hear Sabre fan assessment of the next head coach after one year.... :shakehead

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
That playoff run in 1995 wasn't too special, but thank you John Muckler for coaching that team to the playoffs.

Nolan coached the two best players (Lafontaine, Hasek) in Sabres history and still managed to miss the playoffs.

Results matter. Losing more than 60% of your games makes you terrible. Thank goodness nobody will ever argue this loser coaches Buffalo again.

Gilbert Perreault, Richard Martin, Rene Robert and Danny Gare say thank you....

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I hope the next head coach doesn't read some of the comments about Teddy in this thread.... I feel bad for Ted Nolan getting fired for no reason other than wanting to win hockey games but my opinion on him is known, I can't wait to hear Sabre fan assessment of the next head coach after one year.... :shakehead

That's ******** and you know it.

You don't have to agree with the reasons he was fired, but if you can't at least admit it was more than just "wanting to win", then you're covering your ears and screaming LALALALALA.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Meh, i have no hate for Nolan, but i didn't love the guy either. I appreciate that he was able to make things interesting (albeit heart attack inducing at times) in an otherwise, dismal year. I wish him the best in the future, but don't expect to see him behind any NHL benches as HC anytime soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad