GDT: Tear Down the Wall- Game 2 -CBJ at Leafs 4pm NBCSN-SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Sandin is good and can be great but do you remember how physically outmatched he was during games. Now imagine him against a team like the BJs.
Watch ceci close ... he is bloody awful ... and even worse he looks like he does not give a rats *ss ... he is not being resigned so he is not gonna give er to us this playoffs

Reactions: Oscar Peterson

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Both Habs games were complete joke of reffing too ... totally obvious refs/league want Pitt to win ... and in spite of da 5 on 3's Price still beat Pitt

I'd much much MUCH rather that refereeing (even if it was against us) than I would what we saw last game against us.

Call penalties when they happen. I'm f***ing sick of not getting calls, and it's even worse in the playoffs.

horner

May 22, 2007
Would love to see Clifford get more than ice time .
Our youth line got maybe 6 minutes.
Clifford your main job is to attach there dman hit hit hit.

Reactions: CelticDruid

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I'd much much MUCH rather that refereeing (even if it was against us) than I would what we saw last game against us.

Call penalties when they happen. I'm f***ing sick of not getting calls, and it's even worse in the playoffs.
True against CBJ's it would be an advantage because they have little to no skill

Reactions: Morgs

horner

May 22, 2007
Attach the net worst case they will get a holding it tripping penalty.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
The Leafs have all the intensity of a dandelion blowing in the wind... sad, soft and gone September .... but at least they do fancy drop plays, that get intercepted... that always fun to watch.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Columbus is the most disciplined team in the league and was ranked 31st and fewest in Pen taken/60 in the regular season (only 2.5 per game on average) and Leafs are the 3rd lowest when it comes to drawing penalties /60.

So we shouldn't expect a lot of PP opportunities based on those factors however when/if they come Leafs will need to capitalize on this limited chances as their best chance to score is going to be on the powerplay as opposed to 5v5.

Have to make the most of those to impact this series in a positive way.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Would love to see Clifford get more than ice time .
Our youth line got maybe 6 minutes.
Clifford your main job is to attach there dman hit hit hit.

I'd swap Clifford in for Robby every so often (if Clifford is not looking like he did game 1) just to change it up and get CBJ off their game.

But as for 5v5 minutes game 1:
Kappy - 14:22
Kerfoot - 14:18
Robertson - 12:19
Clifford - 3:21

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Watch ceci close ... he is bloody awful ... and even worse he looks like he does not give a rats *ss ... he is not being resigned so he is not gonna give er to us this playoffs
Not saying Ceci is great defender but at this moment he is a much better player than Sandin. Also, would he wants to play better to impress the rest of the league if he knows he is not resigning with the Leafs in order to get a better contract.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

I've long accepted the fact that the Leafs won't be getting any calls this series. This is a series that's been decided to be run with "playoff officiating".

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Teams that win the first 2 games in a best of 5 series hold an all-time record of 55-1.

Safe to say this is a must win. Even if the Leafs win today, the teams that win game 3 (after a 1-1 split) in a best of 5 have an all-time record of 21-7. Zero room for error from here on.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I'd swap Clifford in for Robby every so often (if Clifford is not looking like he did game 1) just to change it up and get CBJ off their game.

But as for 5v5 minutes game 1:
Kappy - 14:22
Kerfoot - 14:18
Robertson - 12:19
Clifford - 3:21
I think we'll see Engvall get some time on L3 instead of Clifford today

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
The ice is absolutely awful in this Islanders/Panthers game, and it will only get worse for us. You would figure with the technology they have, and all the outdoor games and games in different conditions the NHL has run you'd be able to get damn near perfect ice when they only have to worry about two rinks.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Marner’s best mate just scored for NYI. Don’t let him score more than you, Mitchell.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It is official, Matt Martin got more goals than all of the Leafs and Canucks combined in this playoff. Who would have thought that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad