GDT: Tear Down the Wall- Game 2 -CBJ at Leafs 4pm NBCSN-SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
The thread title should say “NBCSN, SN” not “NBC SN”. The game is not on the main NBC network. Or if the “NBC SN” was meant to be “NBCSN” the Canadian network Sportsnet is being ignored.

Reactions: crump

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
It will be interesting to see if Leafs play with more purpose today or their composure is noticeably different being down 1-0 in the series.

I think with the feeling out period of game #1 is over, the Leafs are going to more inclined to want to press the attack more and play a less patient game.

Lets see if Keefe has any new twists to unveil or is making any adjustments to the game plan.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
i think were gonna see a much more aggressive leafs team today.

at the very least, finish your friggen checks! the amount of times i see an opportunity for GOAT to absolutely lay a man out, only for nothing to happen is ridiculous. such a waste a 6'5 240 pound body

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

at the very least, finish your friggen checks! the amount of times i see an opportunity for GOAT to absolutely lay a man out, only for nothing to happen is ridiculous. such a waste a 6'5 240 pound body
Good thing he's not in the lineup today

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Instead of being lulled to sleep, the team needs to keeps pushing for that 1st goal. Get to the net

member 300185

Keefe you bonehead. Move Clifford up. 4 to 6 minutes is not enough for one of the guys that can do some damage.

Rookie coaches are the worst.

member 300185

Agreed. I hope we get rid of him.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
How... like... HOW is Cody Ceci still playing. 3 penalties in the tune-up game against the Habs, two more in game 1. He’s an absolute liability back there, and Sandin proved he could hang with the big club. Take the training wheels off, and get Ceci out of the lineup.

Tavares and Marner had/have every opportunity to win us this series. They need a statement game today. Mitch was throwing himself at guys in transition, getting out of position, left and right, in game 1. Clean it up. Muzzin had a howler of a game. Needs to settle down and be the steady presence he’s always been, and look before throwing the puck away.

It was like death by a thousand cuts. Nothing we did particularly bad, just a bunch of details that slowly added up. Freddy’s gotta have the one that got by him, though he played well enough for us to win. Had the Tavares/Marner line shown up, we probably win that one.

Korpisalo isn’t Patrick Roy. We need to force our way to the net, and pepper’em.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Well ladies gents, though it’s not technically over if we lose today, it’s pretty much the season here, which is crazy cause it would literally feel like the season ended before it even started

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Not only that, we had horrible officiating (Charron, Rehman, Pollock).
Hoping we get guys that actually police the game, and not guys that let things police themselves.
Ah, it was the refs that jobbed us :confused:
Well then, here's to hoping for a no-hitter fly-by turn-away new-generation-video-game what-did-I-just-pay-to-watch effort by both sides.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Must win game today.

Let's see if they step up or fold like little girls as we've seen in the past.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Is hoping for a win so convincing that people start asking "Were the Leafs rope-a-doping them in game 1?" too much to hope for?

Ya of course it is forget I asked it. I'll take one off Hyman's rear-end in triple-OT.*

Keefe employs the rope a dope and schools Torts, in a best of 5 series, now there's a game plan you don't see being used everyday..............:sarcasm:

*Even if my heart can't.
Keefe employs the rope a dope and schools Torts, now there's some first rate optimism!

Reactions: Marshy

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
The fact we had one power play was a bloody joke. The league couldn’t make their bullshiat more obvious if they tried.
Leafs and Habs always get screwed on calls ... did you watch Habs series? it is a bloody joke too. Pens had full length 5 on 3's in both games. and 3 to 1 Pens on call advantage. You guys just don't understand how Bettman and Jacobs control da league.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Tampa didn't even get a single PP yesterday, against the team that LEAD THE LEAGUE in penalties all season.

It's like the refs don't want to make the fast/skilled teams win by giving them power plays, but it lets these slow, dirty teams get away with murder- which prevents 5v5 chances. Without policing the game it plays in the favour of the teams that can't keep up as it allows them to keep making plays that SHOULD be called, but aren't.
Both Habs games were complete joke of reffing too ... totally obvious refs/league want Pitt to win ... and in spite of da 5 on 3's Price still beat Pitt

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
How... like... HOW is Cody Ceci still playing. 3 penalties in the tune-up game against the Habs, two more in game 1. He’s an absolute liability back there, and Sandin proved he could hang with the big club. Take the training wheels off, and get Ceci out of the lineup.

Tavares and Marner had/have every opportunity to win us this series. They need a statement game today. Mitch was throwing himself at guys in transition, getting out of position, left and right, in game 1. Clean it up. Muzzin had a howler of a game. Needs to settle down and be the steady presence he’s always been, and look before throwing the puck away.

It was like death by a thousand cuts. Nothing we did particularly bad, just a bunch of details that slowly added up. Freddy’s gotta have the one that got by him, though he played well enough for us to win. Had the Tavares/Marner line shown up, we probably win that one.

Korpisalo isn’t Patrick Roy. We need to force our way to the net, and pepper’em.

Sandin is good and can be great but do you remember how physically outmatched he was during games. Now imagine him against a team like the BJs.

Reactions: CelticDruid and kb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad