Teams with fans in Arena

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
You'd think come playoffs the US arena will be at capacity considering anyone that wanted a vaccine will have received one? Meanwhile barely anyone in Canada will have received it.

I doubt it and in fact, I guarantee that it won't happen.
How are they going to prove that 18,000+ fans are all vaccinated and/or that none have Covid? We won't see full arenas for a long long while (same with all work offices functioning at full capacity) until that stuff gets sorted out which might not happen for a few years but I do see most if not all U.S. arenas having limited capacity by playoff time.

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
Has anyone here been to a game with fans back yet? What was it like with the limited capacity and all? Are the prices the same as pre-covid and is it difficult to get tickets?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
If we're going to do general shutdown vs no shutdown arguments go to the Corona Virus board.

Some safety and regulations talk is okay on the NHL talk board, we're not doing:
MUH FREEDOMS
KILL GRANDMA
LOCKDOWN FACISTS

Or whatever other dumb mudslinging is associated with this debate. This is obviously a forum focused on hockey, some people are going to be excited to attend in person. If you think it's not safe, should have been done at the start of the season or the NHL isn't doing a good enough job or whatever then make your point but don't do it with the mudslinging about the other side.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
If the US vaccination program goes roughly as planned, I think we'll see 50% capacity rates come playoff time.

I also expect some teams to demand a proof of vaccination for STHs next season. Not sure if it's realistic to demand that from single game ticket folks, but STHs would be an easy "check once and you're good for the season" group.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Has anyone here been to a game with fans back yet? What was it like with the limited capacity and all? Are the prices the same as pre-covid and is it difficult to get tickets?

Can only speak for Nashville but the prices are the same. Tickets were only available to STH's at first but it's opened up to the GP now. There are no lines to concessions and restrooms. Frankly, it was very good to be back. Looking forward to tomorrow's game even though we're pretty bad nowadays.

I think capacity is going to be increased in the coming weeks.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
A lot of the US has been vaccinated already, and they just announced everyone should be able to get vaccinated by May. Opening up slowly makes sense at this point. Pittsburgh for example is at 15% capacity.
I haven't been paying attention but May sounds sweet. I feel like everyone around me has already got their shots while I'm still waiting my turn. It's like when you order food with a group of people and they bring out everybody elses but yours.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Finally...about time they started having fans.....hopefully Canada will follow soon as well.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
If the US vaccination program goes roughly as planned, I think we'll see 50% capacity rates come playoff time.

It will depend on the variants and the performance of the vaccines against them. But hopefully!

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Texas announced 100% everything open today so I assume the Stars will have fans

I think they've had fans all along, with a cap though. Probably around 5,000 max, something like that.

Maybe the recent ruling will allow the Stars to seat to capacity, but I doubt it; no chance they're selling out, the way they've looked the past month. :laugh:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I think they've had fans all along, with a cap though. Probably around 5,000 max, something like that.

Maybe the recent ruling will allow the Stars to seat to capacity, but I doubt it; no chance they're selling out, the way they've looked the past month. :laugh:
I don't think the league would allow a full open arena yet with some of the precautions they are taking. What does the Stars having further covid-issues do the schedule at this point given their previous covid-delay and the delays related to the snow storm.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
I don't think the league would allow a full open arena yet with some of the precautions they are taking. What does the Stars having further covid-issues do the schedule at this point given their previous covid-delay and the delays related to the snow storm.

They may have to let people into Stars games. They only have so many buildings with power.

Reactions: DaJackal

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Man it would be great to see full buildings by the time the playoffs roll around.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Man it would be great to see full buildings by the time the playoffs roll around.

Won't happen in Canada. Lead Dr girl (can't remember her name) said that even if we get vaccinated there is still risks and we will have to follow more BS. We'll see where that goes lol but it might be an uphill battle with the government.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
You'd think come playoffs the US arena will be at capacity considering anyone that wanted a vaccine will have received one? Meanwhile barely anyone in Canada will have received it.
at capacity? not a chance

big announcement yesterday was enough vaccines for 300 million US adults by the end of may. if all goes well, i think we'll see capacity crowds again in the fall

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Who cares, it's great to see and every team should have fans in the stands in some capacity at this point.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
at capacity? not a chance

big announcement yesterday was enough vaccines for 300 million US adults by the end of may. if all goes well, i think we'll see capacity crowds again in the fall
And herd immunity achieved by April.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I doubt it and in fact, I guarantee that it won't happen.
How are they going to prove that 18,000+ fans are all vaccinated and/or that none have Covid? We won't see full arenas for a long long while (same with all work offices functioning at full capacity) until that stuff gets sorted out which might not happen for a few years but I do see most if not all U.S. arenas having limited capacity by playoff time.

Funny, but I work at a District Attorney's Office here in, of all places, New York State and we are, and have been for months, operating at full staff.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad