Teams with fans in Arena

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
oh, you're talking about that opinion piece from WSJ a month ago

yeah, that's one doctor claiming that and he's gotten criticism from various health experts who disagree
Many have an invested take at this point in seeing COVID thrive, from teacher's unions having their hands in the CDC's pockets and so on. This is almost over, time to open up

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Many have an invested take at this point in seeing COVID thrive, from teacher's unions having their hands in the CDC's pockets and so on. This is almost over, time to open up
yeah it is almost over

but herd immunity by april isn't happening. by late summer/fall, things should be back to normal

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
yeah it is almost over

but herd immunity by april isn't happening. by late summer/fall, things should be back to normal

Not a chance. Hence the reason why they've already started talking about the new strain.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Not a chance. Hence the reason why they've already started talking about the new strain.
they've been talking about new variants for a few months and cases keep on going down. and it's not like those variants just appeared. they've been around for months now already

they just didn't have the capability to test for them until recently

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Funny, but I work at a District Attorney's Office here in, of all places, New York State and we are, and have been for months, operating at full staff.

Funny, but if you read my entire post, it said ALL offices at full capacity. I work in Midtown Manhattan at a big firm and it's still a skeleton crew (Voluntary Phase as they call it) as is the case with most NY firms.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Funny, but if you read my entire post, it said ALL offices at full capacity. I work in Midtown Manhattan at a big firm and it's still a skeleton crew (Voluntary Phase as they call it) as is the case with most NY firms.

And what you originally stated could be interpreted either way.

BattleLevel

Jan 19, 2014

Teacher unions have their hands in the CDC's pocket and are invested in seeing COVID thrive?

I'm going to need to see a little more support for that than, "and so on".

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Maskless fans in the arena. Oh goody, lets spread it to the players real quick so we can suspend the season. True fans.
EvmJhhkWYAQGKsT

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvmJhhkWYAQGKsT?format=jpg&name=medium

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
St Louis has been having fans at games since Feb 2nd. Before that they just had front line workers in attendance. They number now is 1,400, or 7.5%

Now a lot more have started allowing them.

Which NHL Teams Are Allowing Fans in 2021? | TickPick
For teams with fans how do they handle concessions and bathrooms? I’m assuming that they only have a handful of them open so people have to go to certain areas.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
For teams with fans how do they handle concessions and bathrooms? I’m assuming that they only have a handful of them open so people have to go to certain areas.

I think arenas (or other crowded venues) were the one exception to the Cardinal Rule of the Urinal, where we would all space out whenever possible. :laugh:

I'm assuming most arenas have taken that into consideration during COVID and made it a necessity.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Fearmongering? From my local media? No way!

They were saying Ontario would hit 10,000+ new cases per day by now, "if trends continued".

They didn't.

Now it's all about the dreaded "third wave", as the GTA's lockdown is on the verge of being lifted.

There's a fine line between taking precautions, as most of us have done without issue, and the constant doom and gloom of some national broadcasters. Hopefully cooler heads prevail and we all move closer to this being over.

Reactions: tvilling

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
There are no Covid tests prior to entering games. Nor do you need a vaccine. If that is the case now, that should be the case in the future when more open up.

You also do not have to wear your mask when eating and drinking at your seats. Again, I'm speaking from personal experiences at Preds games this season.

I'm going tonight with a buddy for the Panthers game. It'll be fun, unless the Preds really embarrass themselves.

*Not all concession stands are open but I think all of the restrooms are. Of course, with only 15% capacity that really isn't an issue.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
I doubt it and in fact, I guarantee that it won't happen.
How are they going to prove that 18,000+ fans are all vaccinated and/or that none have Covid? We won't see full arenas for a long long while (same with all work offices functioning at full capacity) until that stuff gets sorted out which might not happen for a few years but I do see most if not all U.S. arenas having limited capacity by playoff time.
Who cares if people aren't vaccinated, then they get sick. That's what the future is. Everyone that can get it gets it. Those that dont risk getting sick.

at capacity? not a chance

big announcement yesterday was enough vaccines for 300 million US adults by the end of may. if all goes well, i think we'll see capacity crowds again in the fall
There arent 300m US adults

Jetcetera

Jan 19, 2015
Manitoba
???

How many games have been postponed because of Covid in the North Division ?

Governemental policies have nothing to do with that ?
Covid is never going away. Should we just shut down all rinks (and any entertainment for that matter) forever? time to get on with life. Covid isn't that bad

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->