Friedman: Teams like Henrique

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Whoever buys this guy is going to be very disappointed unless it’s a team like the Avs who is going to slot him in a top six role with talent.
I see

Well

Whoever buys this guy is going to be excited, even a team like the avs that could slot him in a top 6 role with talent.

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
He talked to me on Twitter once, so I like him too.
I happened to be standing next to his mom on the bench during the post game celebration at the Memorial Cup final in Rimouski 2009. He skated over and gave his mom a hug after willing his team to victory, it's something I'll never forget. I'd cough up Knies for this guy and thank Anaheim for the opportunity.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Everything you've just said about Henrique was false. He definitely was not a cap dump to Anaheim, they acquired him exchange for a top 4 Dman at the time (Vatanen) because it made sense based on both team's depth chart. Anaheim specifically targetted Henrique because they needed top 6 F help.

He's not a bottom sixer who "found a role" in Anaheim - he already had two 25 goal seasons (one with 30) and three 50 point campaigns before being acquired by Anaheim.

He's been a top 6 forward for over a decade (other than the one partial covid year from which he's clearly rebounded). For whatever reason, some of you around here just seem to name associate him with a much lesser player. It's weird.
People confuse Adam henrique and cogliano I think

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Whichever contender adds him will be very happy

Can give you 40 to 60 pts offense depending on usage

Avs would be a good team to add him
Agreed. I've been pumping his tires for the Avs for months now.

My only concern of late is that he's playing more Winger then Center right now. Avs need a guy that can play 2C more then anything else. But I'd still take Henrique because quite frankly the Center market was awful anyway this year and I think the Avs wingers are strong enough to make it work with him at Center.

Reactions: hamzarocks

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Agreed. I've been pumping his tires for the Avs for months now.

My only concern of late is that he's playing more Winger then Center right now. Avs need a guy that can play 2C more then anything else. But I'd still take Henrique because quite frankly the Center market was awful anyway this year and I think the Avs wingers are strong enough to make it work with him at Center.
I think he did play a few games at C this season, but Z and McTavish look a lot better at C than they do at wing (Henrique is very effective at wing, the kids not so much), plus Ducks had Strome even McTavish was 4C and Henrique was better as a safety blanket for Zegras. He's still capable of playing C, it just doesn't make sense with the way the kids being developed as the long term solution at the position.

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
He has a compete in him that only devils fans know. If it wasn’t for his minor depression during Covid his name wouldn’t be dragged in the mud too much

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
As they should, Henrique makes every team better. Can play anywhere, both special teams, etc.

The issue is that he has another year after this so any contender will need some of his salary retained.

Yeah. I can see the appeal. He'd be a great low maintenance "utility" add for a deadline team. Move him around as needed. That's the kind of versatile depth playoff teams love to have.

The contract is definitely not ideal though. That extra year, specifically. However...if the Ducks are willing to go full retention or something close...~$3M for that kind of useful swiss army knife isn't bad. Even for that extra year, that's very manageable. Question is just...will the Ducks want to retain for multiple years? Is that where they'll use one of their retention slots? That's not just a "rental retention slot" either. That's something that potentially hampers their ability to retain or act as a cap intermediary in multiple deals next year as well. Where i'd expect them to still be in that sort of mode.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah. I can see the appeal. He'd be a great low maintenance "utility" add for a deadline team. Move him around as needed. That's the kind of versatile depth playoff teams love to have.

The contract is definitely not ideal though. That extra year, specifically. However...if the Ducks are willing to go full retention or something close...~$3M for that kind of useful swiss army knife isn't bad. Even for that extra year, that's very manageable. Question is just...will the Ducks want to retain for multiple years? Is that where they'll use one of their retention slots? That's not just a "rental retention slot" either. That's something that potentially hampers their ability to retain or act as a cap intermediary in multiple deals next year as well. Where i'd expect them to still be in that sort of mode.
If the ducks retain him to 2.9-4 range I think he becomes super appealing to a lot of teams, and that 2nd year becomes a big bonus.

Super versatile and a good locker room vet…. I think the devils and avs make most sense. Bruins and canes up there too.

Devils I’m not sure arent ready to make all in type moves tho, prob happy just to make the playoffs.

scoopscj

Feb 13, 2009
Central Joy-See
Come home Rico

1677160349025.png

Henrique, it's over.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

As a Ducks fan, I obviously hope for him to go wherever we can get the greatest return. However, if all offers were equal, seeing Rico go back to NJ would be my favourite option if he does get dealt.

It was really neat how many Ducks and Devils fans had already long agreed to that Vats/Rico trade in principle, and it would warm the heart to see him both back in NJ and competing in the playoffs. It says a lot about the guy that he's so universally respected by both fanbases.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Jack Drury + PHI 3rd for Henrique with $1 million retained

Drury is NHL ready and I think his game would compliment Anaheim's Center group well. He is a leader and a workhorse.

scoopscj

Feb 13, 2009
Central Joy-See
As a Ducks fan, I obviously hope for him to go wherever we can get the greatest return. However, if all offers were equal, seeing Rico go back to NJ would be my favourite option if he does get dealt.

It was really neat how many Ducks and Devils fans had already long agreed to that Vats/Rico trade in principle, and it would warm the heart to see him both back in NJ and competing in the playoffs. It says a lot about the guy that he's so universally respected by both fanbases.
Rico did so much for the community in NJ. Great locker room guy too from what I've heard. Favorite memory is the goal. Miss him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad