Friedman: Teams like Henrique

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Henrique seems like the best option the Avs have left to fill their 2C spot with Toews and O'Reilly both off the board, wouldnt be surprised to see them push hard for him. I'd love for the Bruins to be in on him as well, as middle 6 depth, but it'd be tough for us to make the money work.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Whoever buys this guy is going to be very disappointed unless it’s a team like the Avs who is going to slot him in a top six role with talent.

I think he'd work in Toronto with ROR on line 3 when ROR eventually goes to center because Keefe said Tavares is eventually going back to center, which means ROR eventually goes to center

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
He wants to win a cup (or at least see his team go all-in during a legitimate cup window). Makes sense to me and probably any other neutral

It makes no sense to just spend your assets to spend them. He doesn't move the needle enough to be worth that return. Absolute nonsense

Didn't you say the exact same thing about ROR? how's that working out?

You're damn right I'd package the 2024 1st because it sounds like ROR is going to center eventually.

You bring in Henrique you got 3 scoring lines, and I don't know if You've noticed but they are VERY likely playing Tampa you might want 3 scoring lines.

I don't care about a player that won't play here until 2028 if at all.

God no I loved it. But ROR is a hell of a lot better of a player with hell of a lot more pedigree. Let's not forget he was a cap dump to the Ducks. He found a role there but he is a bottom 6er and not worth that return.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Whoever buys this guy is going to be very disappointed unless it’s a team like the Avs who is going to slot him in a top six role with talent.

Can I ask why? He's not a "rental" considering he has another year left at 2.9 if he's retained at 50% by Anaheim and he's been one of the better goal scorers at 5v5 which you know the playoffs are mostly since refs put their whistles away with playoff reffing.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Can I ask why? He's not a "rental" considering he has another year left at 2.9 if he's retained at 50% by Anaheim and he's been one of the better goal scorers at 5v5 which you know the playoffs are mostly since refs put their whistles away with playoff reffing.

Because he’s not a bottom six forward. Anaheim brought him in to replace Kesler and have stunk ever since.

He’s performing great this year because he’s playing top PP and with Zegras and Terry.

• Haha
Reactions: Daz28

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
It makes no sense to just spend your assets to spend them. He doesn't move the needle enough to be worth that return. Absolute nonsense

God no I loved it. But ROR is a hell of a lot better of a player with hell of a lot more pedigree. Let's not forget he was a cap dump to the Ducks. He found a role there but he is a bottom 6er and not worth that return.
Henrique was not a cap dump to Anaheim. The Devils needed a defenseman badly and Anaheim needed a forwar. The Devils got Sami Vatanen and the Ducks got Henrique. The Ducks signed him to his latest contract.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind bringing him home to NJ.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Everything you've just said about Henrique was false. He definitely was not a cap dump to Anaheim, they acquired him exchange for a top 4 Dman at the time (Vatanen) because it made sense based on both team's depth chart. Anaheim specifically targetted Henrique because they needed top 6 F help.

He's not a bottom sixer who "found a role" in Anaheim - he already had two 25 goal seasons (one with 30) and three 50 point campaigns before being acquired by Anaheim.

He's been a top 6 forward for over a decade (other than the one partial covid year from which he's clearly rebounded). For whatever reason, some of you around here just seem to name associate him with a much lesser player. It's weird.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
i thought no one would want him because he got waived 2 years ago?

wait are you saying Henrique was a cap dump coming to the ducks? wtf are you talking about?

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
He talked to me on Twitter once, so I like him too.
Did he show up at your parents house with a pizza, wine coolers and a backpack of raw veggies
1677094606569.jpeg

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019

Between him and ROR, you would then have three legitimate scoring lines, seems like that might be important given you'll be up against Tampa (again) in the first round. They always seem to have scoring depth maybe it would be a good idea for the Leafs to try to match that what do you think.

Also, Henrique's been playing top 6 all year (and most if not all of his career), I'm a Zona fan who doesn't really care about Anaheim even I know that. He's also currently centering their PP1 / playing on their first PK, that's quite a role in Anaheim what do you think. Anyway even if Henrique doesn't score, he and ROR are 2/3rds of a shutdown line, just that in my opinion would be worth a 1st+ for any contender but Henrique can score too / 20-25 goals per year so hopefully a few in the playoffs as well.

So yeah, not sure what you are on about here. Glad Ducks fans are jumping in on this thread to (correctly) clown this nonsense take

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
Because he’s not a bottom six forward. Anaheim brought him in to replace Kesler and have stunk ever since.

He’s performing great this year because he’s playing top PP and with Zegras and Terry.
Anaheim didn't bring him in to replace Kesler (except in the sense that every center including Kesler was injured at the time) and hasn't used him as a bottom six forward. Putting him on a checking line is probably a waste, but that has nothing to do with how the Ducks have used him. And he's at least not one dimensional, he's singlehandedly improved the PK by about ten percentage points this season.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Anaheim didn't bring him in to replace Kesler (except in the sense that every center including Kesler was injured at the time) and hasn't used him as a bottom six forward. Putting him on a checking line is probably a waste, but that has nothing to do with how the Ducks have used him. And he's at least not one dimensional, he's singlehandedly improved the PK by about ten percentage points this season.

I brought him up in a trade on our board and his consensus of me saying he's not Brassard was he was 100% Brassard. It's his opinion, but I don't believe that. Taking 3rd line duties, not taking on teams top players/ defensive units could bode well for him and take advantage with the right line-mates. He already is a heavy PK guy, which Brassard never was.

Anyone expecting him to be on a top PP unit, should beware. I think the 5 on 5 production won't change, though.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Uh oh… the hfboard haters going to show up to talk about how bad Henrique is and how they wouldn’t pay more than a 3rd

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Monahan and Henrique are this year Lehkonen and Cogliano

Cheap, underrated and best bang for your bucks.

Tarasenko's and Grioux's rarely works out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad