Friedman: Teams like Henrique

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Friedman wrote a lot about the Ducks in his 32 thoughts column, one of things he wrote is that teams like Henrique.

I don't blame teams for liking Henrique, I'd love to find a way to make the money work and slide him next to ROR on the 3rd line once ROR eventually goes to center, because it sounds like ROR eventually goes to center.

I think Henrique and ROR would be a great pair on the 3rd line and yes I would package the 2024 1st ++. But beyond the Leafs I think he'd be good in Tampa if they could find a way to do it, I think he'd be good in Boston, I think he'd be sneaky good in Edmonton.

I think a lot of teams could use Henrique, I'm not sure every team would give up a 1st+ but I would.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Of course they do. He's a good trusted center. The interest depends on cost to acquire like always. Some lurk in the shadows after inquiring to see if they can get for cheaper later if the asking price is not met.

If Toews is not traded, Henrique may be the best trusted center available. Should create trade traffic and I'm surprised it's not talked about enough on these boards.

Reactions: bsu

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets dealt this deadline, but it will be easier to trade him next year. A team would really have to want him enough to pay extra for retention next season and it wouldn't be cheap.

Also I think Ducks fans would be happy to keep him. We like him a lot.

Reactions: 405Entrance

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Of course they do. He's a good trusted center. The interest depends on cost to acquire like always. Some lurk in the shadows after inquiring to see if they can get for cheaper later if the asking price is not met.

If Toews is not traded, Henrique may be the best trusted center available. Should create trade traffic and I'm surprised it's not talked about enough on these boards.
Hasn't Henrique mostly been a winger these last couple of years? He's basically been used as a winger that takes faceoffs. So not sure if teams still view him as a center.

I do like him though and think he would be a solid add for a playoff team.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I like Henrique too. I don't really think he's a C. But I just don't think the Flames should be buying.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
The only thing not to like about Henrique is his contract situation for next year... teams are going to want the Ducks to retain salary to fit him in... but the ducks are going to ask for more assets because they'll be retaining into next season.

Would be a great fit on most teams with cup aspirations though

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Sorry you want to move the 2024 1st ++ for a 33 year old bottom 6er? That has Foligno deal or worse written all over it.

He wants to win a cup (or at least see his team go all-in during a legitimate cup window). Makes sense to me and probably any other neutral

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
He talked to me on Twitter once, so I like him too.
1677091015372.png

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hasn't Henrique mostly been a winger these last couple of years? He's basically been used as a winger that takes faceoffs. So not sure if teams still view him as a center.

I do like him though and think he would be a solid add for a playoff team.

He's still very effective at the 200' game and who would you pick or like more? Domi or Henrique? I'd pick Henrique and face offs is not something to brush under the rug. Puck possession is important.

I feel Henrique is a trusted center but it would also depend on who you plan on playing with him. Team fit would matter in this case.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Problem is, he’s not the “sexy” name that everyone’s looking for as a deadline acquisition, so he gets undervalued on HF. The Ducks like him and he helps their youngsters so I’m guessing it’ll take more than what most fans on HF are willing to give. (As has been seen in the many threads already floating around with Henrique being mentioned).

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
leaving aside the cap issue, he seems like a classic depth pick up for a contending team.

but there are no contending teams who can leave aside the cap issue.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Sorry you want to move the 2024 1st ++ for a 33 year old bottom 6er? That has Foligno deal or worse written all over it.

Didn't you say the exact same thing about ROR? how's that working out?

You're damn right I'd package the 2024 1st because it sounds like ROR is going to center eventually.

You bring in Henrique you got 3 scoring lines, and I don't know if You've noticed but they are VERY likely playing Tampa you might want 3 scoring lines.

I don't care about a player that won't play here until 2028 if at all.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad