Weekes: Teams interested in trading for Zacha

dixie

Mar 15, 2022
Boston needs centers,who would NJ accept in a trade,Reilly,Forbort,Zboril,Clifton,Greczlyk?Who would you rate as the better center Zacha,The Strome Brothers,I get them mixed up?

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Send him to Philly to play /w Torts and Tony D
I'd love this, as an NJ fan, which tells you all you need to know.

I think he would wither under Torts and be in the Czech league or KHL inside of three years.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I would be happy not qualifying him, to get anything positive back for him would be a huge win.
Since the Rangers and Devils won't make another trade for a very long time, if he is not qualified, I'd expect the Rangers to be all over him as a 3C.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
(Some) Devils fans hate him because 1) he's not Rantanen, Barzal etc 2) His low effort and lack of interest at times.

But he's not negative value at all. At 3m he is a decent 0.5ppg middle6 who is best at wing but can fill in at center incase of injuries. He was devils leading scorer just a year ago (doesn't mean much but still).

He's not bad as much as he's frustrating, Devils fans have waited years for him to become solid top6 player and have grown tired of waiting. Initially many said they'd be ok with him if he becomes a 0.5ppg player, which he has been for the last 3 years, but the same people still want him gone.

Edit: Just wanna add that there are plenty of worse players in the Devils lineup like Johnsson, Kuokkanen, McLeod, Bastian possibly even Tatar. But none of them get as much hate as Zacha.

Reactions: Puckclektr

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I get he isn't an all star, but the hate he gets is directly tied to where he was drafted, and the flashes that show how good he can be, but chooses(?) more often than not, not to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad