Weekes: Teams interested in trading for Zacha

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'll root for my son no matter where he goes, but it's time to move on. If he puts things together I have no doubt he can be a solid middle 6 forward, but I think there's a slim chance he does and it certainly won't be with the Devils. A real shame, so much raw talent and seems like a good guy

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I feel like Zacha is the type of player who will catch fire once he’s in the right situation and with the right coach. The sort of player Florida kept on turning on after other teams gave up on (Verhaege, Bennett, Marchment)

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Labanc for Zacha
The devils have enough labanc types and I wouldn't want to add almost 5 million for two more years for another one.

I'd just as soon not qualify him or qualify him and let him walk after the year

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The devils have enough labanc types and I wouldn't want to add almost 5 million for two more years for another one.

I'd just as soon not qualify him or qualify him and let him walk after the year
I mean they don’t have enough Labanc types or you just don’t know what kind of player Labanc is. This past season is not what Labanc normally is. Between injury, usage, and covid he got f***ed over this season. He’s a bit overpriced (he’s closer to worth around 3.5-4M) but he’d look good next to Hischier or Hughes and let Mercer slide into that 3C spot.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I mean they don’t have enough Labanc types or you just don’t know what kind of player Labanc is. This past season is not what Labanc normally is. Between injury, usage, and covid he got f***ed over this season. He’s a bit overpriced (he’s closer to worth around 3.5-4M) but he’d look good next to Hischier or Hughes and let Mercer slide into that 3C spot.
I'll pass.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
That's fair.

Hab fans have some interest and he on a line with Dvorak might be a decent shutdown line... decent as it can be for a team that finishes out of the playoffs and some distance from there, too.

Zacha’s been really bad defensively at 5v5. He was better this year now that he was basically a full time wing so maybe he’s just more useful defensively on the wing but I wouldn’t trust him on a shit down line as of now

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I don't think it'll involve a forward coming back. Devils have a lot of short term middle and bottom six forward bloat

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I feel like Zacha is the type of player who will catch fire once he’s in the right situation and with the right coach. The sort of player Florida kept on turning on after other teams gave up on (Verhaege, Bennett, Marchment)
you should fully believe in this. he has his 100 point season still in front of him. maybe with your team

no wonder something like 25+ teams are interested in zacha :sarcasm:

this will raise the cost to acquire him. your offer starts with a 23 1st and add add add add to it :sarcasm:

on the other hand your solid 3rd pairing rhd might do it as well.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Man NJ has soured on this kid. Can he be that bad?

Someone throw up a scoring report, be honest!
Inconsistent will look like a top 6 forward and engaged then just randomly fall off a cliff and be a loaf who can’t handle a puck

Wow NJ fans are pretty unified in their opinion on Zacha. Don't think id ever see that in Edmonton.
He gets a quarterly debate in the team threads since he’s been here lol

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Man NJ has soured on this kid. Can he be that bad?

Someone throw up a scoring report, be honest!

Couldn't have ever soured on him if you never liked him to begin with. Said from the day he was drafted he wouldn't pan out to be worth the draft position.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: