Weekes: Teams interested in trading for Zacha

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Thanks. Didn't know he was used as a PKer too, so if his offense never comes at least there's that. Oilers are looking for a shooting options if he Zacha ever gets around to using it more. Honestly, there could be a fit here.

He was honestly a great PKer. It was literally the only redeeming factor of his game for a while.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Is there a deal to be made with Florida?
We could use somebody with size, speed, and finish in our bottom 6. He'll be playing with linemates who are better than him, so he won't have to create anything.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Wow NJ fans are pretty unified in their opinion on Zacha. Don't think id ever see that in Edmonton.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Man NJ has soured on this kid. Can he be that bad?

Someone throw up a scoring report, be honest!
I'm probably one of the very few supporters of his left. Getting that out of the way he's the most frustrating player I've seen on this team in a long time. There are games, maybe even a weeks worth of games, where you see him and it looks like he's turned the corner and he dominates. Then there are stretches that are sometimes 20-30 games where he floats, looks disinterested and not motivated. I think a change of scenery will do him very well. However, he just truly seems to not care far too often. If you put his body and skill in the head of someone who has a far better work ethic he'd be a beast. He's just too passive and lacks that extra gear you'd come to expect from a NHLer.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Wow NJ fans are pretty unified in their opinion on Zacha. Don't think id ever see that in Edmonton.
He just hasn't progressed as a player in years. He's good to stick on your PP2 and PK but unless he's being carried by Hischier and Bratt, he just provides nothing at even strength aside from his great shot, which he doesn't let rip nearly enough (and I'm not one of those people that thinks you should just shoot at every opportunity).

bigvonbody

Sep 27, 2018
One of the most frustrating players to watch. Some of the passes he pulls off are incredible. Has an absolute laser of a shot when he wants to use it. You can just tell he has all the tools needed to succeed, but for some reason, it just hasn't fully worked out for him. He could turn into a bull with the puck but he never uses his body in any shape form or fashion. To protect pucks, going into corners, he could dominate if he chose to and with the right mindset. I think he needs a new home and to just simplify his game overall. He could turn into what people though he could be, just not in New Jersey. It's definitely a mental thing.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Is there a deal to be made with Florida?
We could use somebody with size, speed, and finish in our bottom 6. He'll be playing with linemates who are better than him, so he won't have to create anything.

I gotta be honest, I Would be fine simply not qualifying him and letting him go for free, so if you have anything of value or even a mid-round pick I would take it

Reactions: kerrabria

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm probably one of the very few supporters of his left. Getting that out of the way he's the most frustrating player I've seen on this team in a long time. There are games, maybe even a weeks worth of games, where you see him and it looks like he's turned the corner and he dominates. Then there are stretches that are sometimes 20-30 games where he floats, looks disinterested and not motivated. I think a change of scenery will do him very well. However, he just truly seems to not care far too often. If you put his body and skill in the head of someone who has a far better work ethic he'd be a beast. He's just too passive and lacks that extra gear you'd come to expect from a NHLer.
Interesting. Thank you. Seems like a motor and motivation issue. Have a sense of the type of project he’d be now.

He just hasn't progressed as a player in years. He's good to stick on your PP2 and PK but unless he's being carried by Hischier and Bratt, he just provides nothing at even strength aside from his great shot, which he doesn't let rip nearly enough (and I'm not one of those people that thinks you should just shoot at every opportunity).
Oilers fans like what we see in the highlights of his shooting. But out course highlights are account for 5% of the ice time actually played. We’ve been looking for a shooter for while though if we can ever unlock that in him, it might work…?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Zacha is very frustrating player. I want him to succeed . Whats so frustrating is that at some times , he is dominant and look like the best player on the ice. He has good speed actually and when he uses his size and speed he can be handful.
He has a good heavy shot but doesn’t use it enough. He will have an excellent game then disappear for the next 5. I honestly have no idea why. It seems like confidence is an issue and other times it looks like he doesn’t feel like trying ?
Its not him being cocky or anything , just seems like he isn’t interested or ?

Reactions: Billdo

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Foegele or Barrie for Zacha from EDM... Not Puljujarvi...

Puljujarvi for M.Mcleod

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016

The problem with Zacha is his best attribute is his versatility (he can play pp, pk, center, wing) on a team that has 7 centers, 5 of which are left handed. Some of those centers don't work well as wing so he's been relegated to LW while subbing in for faceoffs.

His abilities demand a higher salary than his contributions to the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad