Weekes: Teams interested in Jake Allen

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Who plays goalie for the Habs if Allen is traded?

Sets back the Habs organization to lose a bunch more games next year if goalie play is AHL level. Not good for development of the younger guys to lose for that reason. It’s disheartening when the organization won’t use NHL level goalies.

There is a way to tank but that ain’t it.

Reactions: Fatass

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I could see Buffalo being in on him. Adams seems steadfast about not wanting to commit to any goalie for more than a couple years in order to leave the path to a starting job open for Levi/Luukkonen/Portillo/Leinonen, and Allen would fit that.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
next year is Primeau's year for sure, we have to see what we have in him eventually

The olan is the same as always was. Even under MB they wanted him to play one more year in the AHL.

He just had an outstanding playoff run. Let him play a full year as the starter and in 2023 bring him up to the big team.

Reactions: viceroy

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
The fact Weekes has the Caps first on that list, does that mean they could have the most interest?
That would be interesting given they are in the running for Kuemper now. Might just be a backup plan same with EDM if soup falls through.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I could see Buffalo being in on him. Adams seems steadfast about not wanting to commit to any goalie for more than a couple years in order to leave the path to a starting job open for Levi/Luukkonen/Portillo/Leinonen, and Allen would fit that.
I'm not sure Buffalo will want to pony up any real assets, and the Habs have no reason to move him for little. I think a contender looking for a plan B since their plan A isn't too solid is more likely to send Montreal something of interest.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I'm not sure Buffalo will want to pony up any real assets, and the Habs have no reason to move him for little. I think a contender looking for a plan B since their plan A isn't too solid is more likely to send Montreal something of interest.
I’d actually overvalue Allen if I was the Habs. Cup Champ experience, fairly reliable and a definite upgrade over most of what’s available.

Primeau is not going to the Habs goalie of the future. He isn’t a #1.
Most felt the same about Binnington and bet on Husso being ‘The Goalie of the Future’, look how that turned out :).

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
This is the whole thing where the "Murray to Montreal" rumors almost made sense.

Like...they obviously need somebody to play net, but they're not going to be competing for a while. Murray is plenty capable of standing in there and getting lit up. If he can stay healthy.

Jake Allen would quite honestly be the best goaltender available on the market if they were to move him. The value in that has to be tempting for MTL given where they are as a franchise right now. And what they might be able to get for Jake Allen.

Allen for another prospect of Barron's caliber or a first pick and some.

Then get Murray for almost free if bot asking for retention.

Then you tell Murray that there's no expectations just go out to play and have fun.

Meanwhile continue to find a way to fix the goalie situation. Allen is not the man anyway

Reactions: biturbo19

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
A healthy Jake Allen is a 1B starter for someone. Montreal sucked last season and he had some injury issues. Even then, 21/35 games were 30 saves or more with 10 of them 40 saves and two of them 50 or more. He was constantly shelled since the Canadiens suck. Put him on a good team and at his cap hit he's going to do just as good if not better than some of the goalies going for $4M+

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I’d actually overvalue Allen if I was the Habs. Cup Champ experience, fairly reliable and a definite upgrade over most of what’s available.
Tell that to most fans of teams looking for goalies... they tend to have little interest in Allen.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I'm hoping his value has gone up since last week considering a couple goalies got signed. Wondering if he fetches more than what Colorado gave for Georgiev?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad