Weekes: Teams interested in Jake Allen

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Keumper, Husso, Campbell, trade for Gibson?
Kuemper may have win the cup, but I wouldn't put too much faith in him.

Husso is hit, or miss. Same with Campbell. Gibson put up similar stats to Allen, on a better (little bit better?) team.

Husso might be the best option. Wouldn't cost a lot and signing as a free agent loses no assets.

Husso is also unproven.

Given the assets to either acquire Gibson, or the cost to sign them, I wouldn't be so quick to presume they're better than Allen.

In all reality if your team needs a goalie this is possible the worst year to try and find one.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
After Montreal aquired Dach and Slafkovsky I`d say a trade involving Puljujärvi/Allen could be nice? Puljujärvi would fit the young group quite nicely. Good forechecker, good 2-way play and a netprescence on the PP.

Montreal get:

-Puljujärvi RFA (1.175M last contract)

Edmonton get:

- Jake Allen 2.875M UFA 2023

No idea who adds something small? Maybe Montreal adds a later pick cause contract status?
This is legitimately what I've been thinking for a couple of weeks now, Habs will retain 50% on him to squeeze out as much value as they can too

Reactions: Coming Home

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I could see Allen going to the Oilers, but Puljujärvi only works if Montreal moves out at least one winger, if not more. Habs are in a weird situation with a surplus of forwards and a fairly tight cap, until Byron/Drouin/Dadonov are gone, flexibility is limited in terms of taking on "projects" like Puljujärvi

Reactions: Coming Home

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Seeing what other goalies are going for, hard to see it being more than a 3rd

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
When I first saw this, I thought for sure it'd be the Devils. Marty has a great relationship with him from their time together in St. Louis.

It appears to be moot now that we've acquired Vanecek.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Please be New Jersey. If New Jersey gets him, they're out of goalie space and off the market. Leaves Edmonton, Washington and Toronto as the major players looking, with Campbell, Samsonov and Kuemper all likely available.

Makes sense for it to be Washington though. Run him as backup in case Samsonov falters. There's still potential in Samsonov.

Unless Price is 100%, I don't see Montreal losing their only solid NHL goalie. Even a rebuilding team needs someone competent in nets.
Depends on if they really want to finish near the bottom again. What speaks to last overall more than running Montembault as your #1.

Krett Bulak

Jun 21, 2010
Please be New Jersey. If New Jersey gets him, they're out of goalie space and off the market. Leaves Edmonton, Washington and Toronto as the major players looking, with Campbell, Samsonov and Kuemper all likely available.

Makes sense for it to be Washington though. Run him as backup in case Samsonov falters. There's still potential in Samsonov.

Depends on if they really want to finish near the bottom again. What speaks to last overall more than running Montembault as your #1.
Did you miss NJ acquiring Vanecek this morning?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Did you miss NJ acquiring Vanecek this morning?
No. Even with Vanecek, they might be in the goalie market. Its been rumored for weeks that they're done with Blackwood, and Bernier didn't finish off the year healthy, so I don't know if he will be playing or LTIR. Am I missing someone in their system?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
After Montreal aquired Dach and Slafkovsky I`d say a trade involving Puljujärvi/Allen could be nice? Puljujärvi would fit the young group quite nicely. Good forechecker, good 2-way play and a netprescence on the PP.

Montreal get:

-Puljujärvi RFA (1.175M last contract)

Edmonton get:

- Jake Allen 2.875M UFA 2023

No idea who adds something small? Maybe Montreal adds a later pick cause contract status?

Oilers in win now mode. Alken is not a win now goalie

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
is there a guy who lets in more short side goals than Allen?

i know there are desperate teams out there, but this dude is 100% a back up in real life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad