LeBrun: Teams contacting Kyle Connor

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
In other news - water is wet! I would bet that all of the elite RFA's are at least taking calls gauging interest.

Winnipeg made the huge error of drafting too well and having too much talent on the team that deserves to get paid. I'm sure some teams are seeing what KC's looking for to potentially see if they can take advantage either via a trade, or potentially even an offersheet depending on the Laine contract negotations.

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
Been saying this all year, most exciting off season is a damn long time.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Oh man I am going to laugh if a bunch of offersheets happen and non are for Marner after dealing with this place for months.

It might be that the other elite RFA's are more realistic in their contract expecations and would theoretically sign an offersheet that is in line with the market ($8.5-9.0M) when the main comparable is Kucherov @ $9.5M. I don't see any team going to the crazy land (McD $+) for Mitch Marner as is reported. And I highly doubt that MM would sign an existing market value deal or it would likely already be done.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Ehlers is better, and on a great contract. Connor's terrific but his numbers were boosted playing on the top line with Scheifele and Wheeler, and on the 1st PP. If someone makes a stupid high offer the Jets should let him go and use the cap space to address their gap on RD or 2C. They have a very good young winger in Vesalainen ready for a roster spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad