LeBrun: Teams contacting Kyle Connor

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Kyle Connors an absolute stud. As much as I'm concerned about Boeser, I'd hate to be a Jets fan with 2 huge RFAs still unsigned.

Its so interesting with so many RFAs still unsigned. Do all these guys just not wanna play hockey? I know Boeser is the type of guy that will hate missing time, especially now after the injury trouble. I can't imagine Kyle Connor, Matthew Tkachuk & Charlie McAvoy don't hate being on the outside looking in too.

I really wonder what will happen with the Jets. Its tough losing Trouba, now Connor & Laine are still up in the air. I feel like their top contending window is sort of hanging in the balance here. Still time & plenty of assets to get this ship moving the right direction, but its an interesting time.
Having two high profile and highly coveted RFAs up for contract at the same time means that the Jets hit home runs in consecutive drafts. I think they'll likely get both signed in the near future, but if not, they have very good assets to trade to add to their team now and in the future. It's a better situation than teams that don't have star players coming out of their ELCs.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Jets defense took a beating this summer. What do they want from Montreal for Connor? We have extra d-men and a 2nd line winger?
Probably much more than you would be willing to give as the Jets have no reason to move Connor.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We will keep Laine and Connor.

Thank you and move along.

giphy.gif

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Having two high profile and highly coveted RFAs up for contract at the same time means that the Jets hit home runs in consecutive drafts
aka better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
I don’t think the Marner deal helps WPG in their current situation. Unless you can make a strong enough argument that Laine and Connor are 7 or 8 mil a year guys... Do they get help from the Byfuglien situation (which I admittedly don’t know much about)?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I don’t think the Marner deal helps WPG in their current situation. Unless you can make a strong enough argument that Laine and Connor are 7 or 8 mil a year guys... Do they get help from the Byfuglien situation (which I admittedly don’t know much about)?

Unless he decides to take a discount, or Chvy holds firm and lets him hold out, the Keller deal is likely the floor and Marner deal now the ceiling in negotiations. It's a mistake to bridge both contracts, and I bet he feels safer giving term to Connor. So we're looking at 6-8 years somewhere between 7 and 10.5.

I don't think either expects 10.5, but if I was the agent, I offer max term for similar dollars to Marner. Bet they settle somewhere in the 8's eventually in the 6-8 year range.

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Unless he decides to take a discount, or Chvy holds firm and lets him hold out, the Keller deal is likely the floor and Marner deal now the ceiling in negotiations. It's a mistake to bridge both contracts, and I bet he feels safer giving term to Connor. So we're looking at 6-8 years somewhere between 7 and 10.5.

I don't think either expects 10.5, but if I was the agent, I offer max term for similar dollars to Marner. Bet they settle somewhere in the 8's eventually in the 6-8 year range.
Agree completely, but think the Laine one could get drawn out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad