LeBrun: Teams contacting Aho's camp, only interested in signing with Carolina (initial ask is 9.5M)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Then can he sign, dude stop wasting everybody's time

Aho has always seemed like a guy who won't push for max, I'm certain he'd sign a fair deal which can be looked at as a steal on day 1. Like Pasta deal.

But it's still going to be expensive with what he has done and what he means to Carolina.

edit, also pretty sure Leafs fans would love to see Aho sign before Marner?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Seems like the 2 parties are very far apart on AAV and term at this point. I wonder if Aho starts more seriously entertaining signing an OS if Carolina doesn't up their offer significantly in the coming weeks.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What is wrong with Aho's camp initially asking for $9.5M/5Y? I would give that to him.

Ya honestly in this day in age, that deal is a steal... We are seeing absurd deals happen for good young players and we are about to see even crazier ones soon... Maybe the 5 years is the kicker for Canes?

I assumed Aho would be in double digits per year

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Seems like the 2 parties are very far apart on AAV and term at this point. I wonder if Aho starts more seriously entertaining signing an OS if Carolina doesn't up their offer significantly in the coming weeks.

The only report about what Carolina has offered him was an offer made at the beginning of the year. We have no idea what the offer is now or how far apart the two sides are.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010

The 6 million $ offer was from before the 2018 season. The sticking point right now is term , which will really boil dowm to whether or not the canes give him trade protection in his ufa years.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad