Dreger: Teams calling about Jordan Greenway. Yet to meet Minnesota's valuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
has to be teams asking to send salary back and Guerin wants to move for a prospect/pick only

Reactions: BHD

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Don't they just want to dump him? Curious what 'return' theyre expecting, unless its actually no return (cap) theyre hoping for.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Don't they just want to dump him? Curious what 'return' theyre expecting, unless its actually no return (cap) theyre hoping for.
Something closer to what he was for the prior three seasons and not what he is in a down year.

Assuming they’re in the playoffs, he’s still a need and quasi-valuable piece for them in that setting. If they want to move out his money, there is always the offseason.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Despite his stat line this year I think there's value in keeping Greenway around for the playoffs. He probably has to go this summer for cap reasons, but if Guerin thinks he can get what's being offered right now in June I think Greenway probably stays put for now.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Is this an argument over a 4th vs a 5th?
Teams would definitely take a swing at Greenway for those prices. It’s likely about taking cash back in the deal.

For all that I rant about Greenway, he’s still quite young, and has had three decent years as a middle six, exceptionally physical 3rd liner. This year started off bad with an injury that kept him out of the lineup, and he has just looked off since.

Too bad, he used to flash some nice passing and puck possession ability. I think he needs a healthy off season, and to work hard on his conditioning and skills.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
As a hab fan who likes him I'd offer Drouin at 50% and a 3rd.

Or just a 3rd if Minny doesn't care about get a roster player back.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
As a hab fan who likes him I'd offer Drouin at 50% and a 3rd.

Or just a 3rd if Minny doesn't care about get a roster player back.
I’d do it as a Wild fan. They can take expiring salary back, but MTL is not one of those teams who gives a damn. Drouin, well he’s just sad right now.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I’d do it as a Wild fan. They can take expiring salary back, but MTL is not one of those teams who gives a damn. Drouin, well he’s just sad right now.
Habs need to get another player with size who uses it.

Yeah, Drouin just needs to go. I hope he gets dealt and does well, but at the same time if he doesn't get a contract next season I wouldn't be surprised.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Watched him last night. It’s incredible how he’s even in the league. He’s AHL fodder at this point. Guy can’t even skate, terrible shooter, poor hockey IQ, doesn’t even hit or play physical, and lacks offensive skills.

Greenway has no value.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Watched him last night. It’s incredible how he’s even in the league. He’s AHL fodder at this point. Guy can’t even skate, terrible shooter, poor hockey IQ, doesn’t even hit or play physical, and lacks offensive skills.

Greenway has no value.

That is Cuck’s guy, then.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010

Greenway has no value.
Lol this just isn’t a very good take at all. You watched one game, but sure you have a single clue what you’re talking about. He isn’t worth $3mil, but AHL fodder? Damn what an awful valuation.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Lol this just isn’t a very good take at all. You watched one game, but sure you have a single clue what you’re talking about. He isn’t worth $3mil, but AHL fodder? Damn what an awful valuation.
I’ve watched him a couple times, literally every game he’s useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad