LeBrun: Teams around the NHL have made Ottawa a popular target for trade calls.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I like Watson, and he's one player on the Sens i would target,

but, Watson has 3 points on the season and played only 29 games, and on the Leafs he's a 4th liner, obviously
Ritchie has not come close to expectations, and has 9 pts in 33 games, and has played on every line from 1st to 4th, but never got PP1 time, and on PP2, Simmonds got the net duties over him, where that is pretty much the only place he's any good
on the Sens he'd be top 9 at worse case scenario, and likely be the net presence on PP1

No way would he be top 9 over batherson, tkachuk, Norris, stutzle, formenton, pinto, Paul, brown, and white.

We also have guys like Sokolov and kastelic who are budding for spots on the 3rd and 4th line later this year or next.

There's no reason to take him on. We already have so many 4th liners from Sanford to Ennis to Tierney to Gaudette to Watson. If we're not making a hole for a serious upgrade, might as well just let the young guys compete for that spot. We already have so many young guys about to step in.

Reactions: Sting

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I know others have mentioned that Connor Brown might be off the table, but as a Rangers fan I feel he is the perfect target for them as a team. He'd slide into their middle 6 forwards, is signed for another year, and doesn't need PP time to produce. On top of that, he's in for another season at 3.6.

Is there a price for him? Is there a price for him with 50% retention? I know the teams have talked Kravtsov in the past (likely the Sens view him with the value of a 2nd rounder).

Brown @ 50% for NYR 2022 1st and Kravtsov? Fills a huge void on the team and gives Ottawa even more flexibility if they are searching for a player with term to improve their roster for the 22-23 season.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I know others have mentioned that Connor Brown might be off the table, but as a Rangers fan I feel he is the perfect target for them as a team. He'd slide into their middle 6 forwards, is signed for another year, and doesn't need PP time to produce. On top of that, he's in for another season at 3.6.

Is there a price for him? Is there a price for him with 50% retention? I know the teams have talked Kravtsov in the past (likely the Sens view him with the value of a 2nd rounder).

Brown @ 50% for NYR 2022 1st and Kravtsov? Fills a huge void on the team and gives Ottawa even more flexibility if they are searching for a player with term to improve their roster for the 22-23 season.

The only way I see this happening is if Ottawa then flips the 1st for more immediate help. Though you can never have enough 1st round picks, I think Ottawa is done collecting multiple firsts and is trying to steadily improve the roster.

Reactions: JimmyG89

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
The only way I see this happening is if Ottawa then flips the 1st for more immediate help. Though you can never have enough 1st round picks, I think Ottawa is done collecting multiple firsts and is trying to steadily improve the roster.

Wouldn't blame them if that was the case. My only thought is that there is a difficulty in luring UFAs to Ottawa and having a few extra pieces would mitigate some of the loss of trading for a player with term to help improve their team.

Obviously if Brown doesn't want to re-sign that would change things, but I don't think his name has popped up anywhere as a trade candidate.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

I would 100% do Kravtsov +1st rounder if we end up flipping that first for another forward. I love Brown but that return is too good to pass up.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I like Watson, and he's one player on the Sens i would target,

but, Watson has 3 points on the season and played only 29 games, and on the Leafs he's a 4th liner, obviously
Ritchie has not come close to expectations, and has 9 pts in 33 games, and has played on every line from 1st to 4th, but never got PP1 time, and on PP2, Simmonds got the net duties over him, where that is pretty much the only place he's any good
on the Sens he'd be top 9 at worse case scenario, and likely be the net presence on PP1
Does Brady Tkachuk not exist anymore? Jesus christ. Stop talking if you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Reactions: Altimus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad