LeBrun: Teams around the NHL have made Ottawa a popular target for trade calls.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa

My guess is taking on Salary dumps with picks for UFAs. There was a rumor Ottawa was looking for a player with term, they got room in their top 6 to take on a good project like Duclair was(who i wish had stayed but w/e)

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I still say Kravtsov is a match made in heaven for OTT and himself...
They need a big talented wing, and krav is only gona come back with a shot at top 6/9 minutes.
They’ll also likely get him at a discount or as an add in on a larger trade package...
If I’m Dorion, it’s absolutely worth the gamble to add another big talented former top 10 draft pick..

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Alright sens fans, what's the price on Chabot?

I think guys they are way more likely to move would be Paul , Brown, Forsberg, Tierny types . I still expect they build the D around Chabot and hope Sanderson comes in and plays lights out ..

Reactions: banks

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Ottawa is loaded with young players and prospects. I think they are ready to take the next step if they add a couple key veterans.

I think they would be a good target for a player like Scheifele.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
In terms of pieces that are or could be available (somewhat logically that is). Not necessary that all players get interest

1. Connor Brown
2. Chris Tierney
3. Zach Sanford
4. Austin Watson
5. Nick Paul
6. Tyler Ennis
7. Josh Brown
8. Nikita Zaistev (let me have this)
9. Erik Brannstrom
10. Anton Forsberg
11. Matt Murray

So three valuable pieces available in Connor Brown, Nick Paul and Erik Brannstrom. After that a bunch of filler pieces

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011

My guess is taking on Salary dumps with picks for UFAs. There was a rumor Ottawa was looking for a player with term, they got room in their top 6 to take on a good project like Duclair was(who i wish had stayed but w/e)

The minute Dorion said he was looking to trade for a roster player that will help the team now and in the future, 31 GMs must have scrambled for their phones

Pierre in buyer mode is a horrifying thought. Ottawa’s pro scouting department might not even be real

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
Any interest from Ottawa in Zadina? Guy works hard and does a lot of things right. Just hasn’t found his scoring yet, but it’s hard too when Erne and Ras are your line mates and play a key shut down role. Zadina is a decent 3rd line guy who is usually good in the Dzone. Shows flashes of being more of a scorer but lacks confidence.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Zub off the table entirely?
Yes, unless we are getting a similar RHD with more term. I.E not happening.
Am I missing something with Paul? Hes a ufa.
Paul seems like a layup to re-sign and we would be foolish not to re-up him unless he is looking for Goodrow $.
Alright sens fans, what's the price on Chabot?
Priceless.
Ottawa is loaded with young players and prospects. I think they are ready to take the next step if they add a couple key veterans.

I think they would be a good target for a player like Scheifele.
Not speaking on Scheifele, but the general idea of this post is probably the only one that actually hits the mark.
What is for sale there? Tierney? Hard for me to generate anybody else.
Tierney is our worst fwd. Just to put that in perspective, Gambrell - who was on waivers earlier and traded for a 7th and has literally zero offence to his game - has bumped Tierney and brought significantly more on-ice value. Tierney had two decent seasons with us but his last two have been truly atrocious. Just brings nothing to the table. He was hurt last season, not sure what the excuse is now, though.

Ennis won't return much and might as well be held onto.

I could see Sanford getting something somewhat decent (4th or so) and being moved. Mete should be moved for anything. Maybe J. Brown? Beyond that, I don't think we have many UFAs worth adding.
Any interest from Ottawa in Zadina? Guy works hard and does a lot of things right. Just hasn’t found his scoring yet, but it’s hard too when Erne and Ras are your line mates and play a key shut down role. Zadina is a decent 3rd line guy who is usually good in the Dzone. Shows flashes of being more of a scorer but lacks confidence.
I think we would want someone more established in an ideal world but for the right price, I'm sure we'd have interest. Seems like Detroit is in the same boat, though, and would probably get better offers elsewhere. So yeah, I am sure we'd love to add Zadina, but don't think we'd love it enough to make the best offer.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
In terms of pieces that are or could be available (somewhat logically that is). Not necessary that all players get interest

1. Connor Brown
2. Chris Tierney
3. Zach Sanford
4. Austin Watson
5. Nick Paul
6. Tyler Ennis
7. Josh Brown
9. Erik Brannstrom
10. Anton Forsberg
11. Matt Murray

So three valuable pieces available in Connor Brown, Nick Paul and Erik Brannstrom. After that a bunch of filler pieces

One guy I'd add to this list who I think has played his way into having value is Adam Gaudette. I wouldn't be shocked if a contender wanted him as cheap depth

Reactions: Langdon Alger

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

I'd be interested; similar to how I'd be interested in Kravstov.
It's just a matter of price. For example; I wouldn't be trading a "lesser-in value prospect" who's is tracking well for Ottawa for "higher-in value Zadina" who is tracking down.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
My guess is taking on Salary dumps with picks for UFAs.

DEADLINE CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $53,976,330 :laugh:

That's probably what it is... taking on expiring contracts, (or even term if they pay enough) from teams that need to dump cap, to acquire players for the playoffs. Good deal for Ottawa, to buy some draft picks.

Vegas should be calling...

Reactions: banks

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The pick we trade Paul for is the draft pick we hope plays like Nick Paul. It's the same regret all Sens fans have over the Demilo trade. He was worth more than a third for just giving what was needed.
Is Melnyk gonna cough up the money to sign Paul?

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Tierney probably moves, maybe Sandford as well. Nick Paul is intriguing, but I expect they'll push to re-sign him. They still have all three retention spots open, so they're in a good position to scoop up some picks with third party logistics.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary

1. Connor Brown
2. Chris Tierney
3. Zach Sanford
4. Austin Watson
5. Nick Paul
6. Tyler Ennis
7. Josh Brown
9. Erik Brannstrom
10. Anton Forsberg
11. Matt Murray
Besides retaining a pile of salary what would a Murray deal look like? I know he's having a decent comeback but who would be interested?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad