LeBrun: Teams are circling back on Boeser with more realistic offers. Minny and Van have had discussions for Boeser.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
According to Lebrun , there are multiple teams that have circled back in trying to obtain Boeser. Apparently, the offers previously were very low value but teams are now coming back to the table with a more realistic approach.

Minny and Van have talked about a trade to get Boeser back to his home state but the cap situations are currently stalling those talks.
Anything can happen such as LTIR injuries, retaining, and trades to open up cap but as of now nothing is imminent with Boeser to Minny.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Boeser is the definition of great player who just needs a change of scenery and a fresh start.
For him right now it's mental. Even when he is at his worse he is a contributor.
I can think of multiple Canucks forwards who I am more disappointed with than Boeser this season.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I believe Minnesota or Winnipeg cuz both are near home would probably be best for Boeser.

I'd consider Pionk for Boeser as a Jets fan.

Canucks get a solid top 4 D. (He's not what Winnipeg needs tho as we have younger guys who haven't looked awful)

Boeser gets a restart close to home and the Jets get a top 6 forward to replace the aging Wheeler

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I believe Minnesota or Winnipeg cuz both are near home would probably be best for Boeser.

I'd consider Pionk for Boeser as a Jets fan.

Canucks get a solid top 4 D. (He's not what Winnipeg needs tho as we have younger guys who haven't looked awful)

Boeser gets a restart close to home and the Jets get a top 6 forward to replace the aging Wheeler

Canucks need RHD but don't think Pionk is the type of player we are after.

It's insane how bad Boeser has looked eye-test wise (and I imagine analytics wise) but is still on pace for over 60 points without playing on the 1st PP for the most part.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would hope Guerin is bargain bin shopping with this after trading Fiala for a mid-late 1st and a good but not great prospect. Dumba for Boeser with retention? Not good but not terrible. Want no part of Boeser if it actually includes a 1st or good prospect.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I would hope Guerin is bargain bin shopping with this after trading Fiala for a mid-late 1st and a good but not great prospect. Dumba for Boeser with retention? Not good but not terrible. Want no part of Boeser if it actually includes a 1st or good prospect.

Boeser is not gonna return a 1st. A player for player swap is more likely.

Boeser is still a pure sniper and can be a game breaker in the playoffs when you need that 1 goal.

He is much like what Tofolli is for CGY.

Unfortunately for Boeser, he has had a difficult last couple of years with his family life.

Reactions: McJedi

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Does Minnesota have any 1 or 2 year cap dump type players they'd be interested in moving? Something like Dumba+1/2 year dump, would probably interest Vancouver more than retaining. Assuming the dumped player is either $2M or less or not completely useless.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC

Canucks do this easily, even if Dumba walks.

But wouldn't Minny rather just use Dumba as their "own rental" and then trade something else for Boeser in the off-season if they really wanted him?

Reactions: 57special

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
But but… we were assured a productive middle 6 player would take a massive sweetener to trade

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Does Minnesota have any 1 or 2 year cap dump type players they'd be interested in moving? Something like Dumba+1/2 year dump, would probably interest Vancouver more than retaining. Assuming the dumped player is either $2M or less or not completely useless.
The only guys we'd have whose salary I wouldn't mind being rid of in the next couple years are Greenway, Foligno and Middleton, and I wouldn't call any of them dumps, they should have real value somewhere. Goligoski has a NMC and he's a Minnesota guy so I doubt he wants to leave. Beyond that, it's pretty much just Kaprizov, Zuccarello, Eriksson Ek, Brodin and Spurgeon for longer term. Obviously none of those fit.

Canucks do this easily, even if Dumba walks.

But wouldn't Minny rather just use Dumba as their "own rental" and then trade something else for Boeser in the off-season if they really wanted him?
They may still use him as an own rental, and they may be looking at trading something else for Boeser. It wouldn't be the first time Guerin made a move I disagree with. I have no faith in Guerin at all so I gave up on trying to predict what he will do, now I just say what I hope he does.

Reactions: Dickie Dunn

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Sure, wtf. I'm past waiting for Guerin to make an awesome move so it looks like 'mildly interesting' moves are about as good as we're gonna get.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
@McJedi get in here buddy now is your time to shine.
@McJedi get in here buddy now is your time to shine
I’ll be shocked if Minnesota acquires him. Especially for Dumba or Greenway. But I’m sure rooting for that. Would display some stupidity by Minnesota’s GM that I don’t tend to apply to Bill Guerin, whom I think is pretty good in that role.

I suspect Boeser will eventually be moved in a hockey trade for a underwhelming player with a similar AAV and term.

Think Boeser for Mantha type of deal

Or Vancouver retains down to $4.5mm or thereabouts. He’d be trade worthy at that AAV.

Sportsnet has done their job of tempering Vancouver fan expectations every time they mention his value is so low and it’s just time to get him out of town.

For his sake, I hope he’s traded since it can’t be easy being constantly discussed in trades and that lingering for months that turn into years.

Last edited:

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
The only guys we'd have whose salary I wouldn't mind being rid of in the next couple years are Greenway, Foligno and Middleton, and I wouldn't call any of them dumps, they should have real value somewhere. Goligoski has a NMC and he's a Minnesota guy so I doubt he wants to leave. Beyond that, it's pretty much just Kaprizov, Zuccarello, Eriksson Ek, Brodin and Spurgeon for longer term. Obviously none of those fit.
I believe Greenway was someone the team was rumoured to be interested in the past, not sure if that was the Benning regime or not.

Realistically, retaining Boeser, even down to around $5M, is probably the smartest thing this franchise could do. At $5M for 2 more years he'd probably have decent value. They just seem loathe to retain on anything, think they would prefer to take cap back.

Reactions: McJedi

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Its not a coincidence that the Canucks are moving Boeser tonight to a line with Kuzmenko and Pettersson.

They are 100% showcasing him

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
Minnesota isn't interested. Russo who covers wild has ssaid numerous times including this week. Vancouver media lies too much

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad