Dreger: Teams are 100% preparing to offer-sheet Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
lol. he need's to sign it first. doubt he signs one. toronto is his hometown and will be a contender for the next 10+ years. why would he leave for an extra couple million. I'm sure he'll make a ton anyway
12 13 million reasons why

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I will definitely find it funny if he signs an offer sheet.

Yeah

Why wouldn't a kid who's never played outside the GTA, played for the Knights in junior, was born in the GTA, was a Leafs fan growing up, is already getting advertising campaigns and endorsement money want to sign an offersheet that could force him out of town

That sounds highly likely when you think about it

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Why are Leafs fans laughing? It's likely true that teams will try to offer sheet Marner... He's the Leafs best player, still very young and could help pretty much every team in the NHL (except maybe Tampa). Definitely the kind of player worth losing multiple draft picks for.

Question is: will he sign one?

Because an offer sheet hasn't been signed since 2013 and there is 0 reason to believe that will change

Dylbot

Sep 10, 2009
There hasn’t been an offer sheet for 6 years. There hasn’t been an unmatched offer sheet in over a decade.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
First off only garbage teams can afford to offer sheet Mitch Marner, And secondly how many of those dumb GM's are willing to surrender 4 1st round picks for him.

Not necessarily.

Theoretically the Islanders can present an offersheet for 5 years and $10.1M AAV which would only cost 2 1sts, 2nd, 3rd. The shorter term gets Marner to UFA (and potentially an even bigger pay day) and he would be one of the top paid wingers in the NHL.

The Leafs likely match that, but it ensures that Marner gets paid. If the Leafs don't match, then the compensation is nothing for a high end player in his early 20's. Just saying.

Marner's camp must be smiling with this report. He's gonna get paid so hard.

Reactions: R3DDRAG0N and Konk

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
If a team offers him unbelievable money why wouldn’t he? Professional players go where the money is. There greedy for the most part.

Can’t wait to see if it happens

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Dreger is such a hack

Yeah, as much as I'd love for some additional offer sheet related excitement in the NHL, it just won't happen. To talk about it now is just a dude with no insight on the sport spewing bullshit. What the f*** does "preparing an offer sheet" entail? Downloading the f***ing form from the NHL's internal portal?

Dreger: "As many as 31 teams are 100% preparing to win the Stanley Cup next year"

Reactions: Funk21

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
So they give him 12M and give the Leafs there next 4 1st round picks?
I'm a Leafs fan, where do I sign up for that?

If those picks are late, they have more chance to turn out like Frédérik Gauthier. I would personally give up 4 Gauthier for 1 Marner :laugh:

Reactions: MordredGK

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Not necessarily.

Theoretically the Islanders can present an offersheet for 5 years and $10.1M AAV which would only cost 2 1sts, 2nd, 3rd. The shorter term gets Marner to UFA (and potentially an even bigger pay day) and he would be one of the top paid wingers in the NHL.

The Leafs likely match that, but it ensures that Marner gets paid. If the Leafs don't match, then the compensation is nothing for a high end player in his early 20's. Just saying.

Marner's camp must be smiling with this report. He's gonna get paid so hard.
But the Islanders would only offersheet him if they wanted to sign him. They wouldn't do to drive up his price in some sort of vindictive way to have the Leafs pay more for him. What have the Leafs done to the Islanders?

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
If the Leafs get bounced in the first round again I think he becomes more likely to sign an offer sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad