Team Sweden in WC in Stockholm and Helsinki 2013

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
Nevermind söderberg or boston, if a player that doesnt wanna be there ends up playing and it doesnt go well Englund will have another ****storm on his hands with Wikegård leading the attack, so yes pretty wierd decision.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Was a different term, also a better relationship with ottawa = karlsson, alfy, zibbanejad~
The bruins just dont have much to offer them

Ottawa has screwed team Sweden several times now, not releasing Karlsson, Zibanejad, for the WJC while they were playing in the AHL.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
The federation are really burning bridges with this decision, do they think Söderberg will be the only player not happy with them?

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
Ottawa has screwed team Sweden several times now, not releasing Karlsson, Zibanejad, for the WJC while they were playing in the AHL.

Well to be fair the wjc is a kids tournament and in the middle of the season, you want the relationship if they are out of nhl playoffs and the players are healthy

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
They should've just left the decision to the players.. What's in it for Team Sweden.. nothing.

Looking weak at forward right now...

Eriksson – Backlund - Landeskog
Th̦rnberg РM̴rtensson - H̦rnqvist
Lindberg – Järnkrok – Danielsson
Persson – Lundqvist – Pettersson
Omark - Söderberg - Rasmussen

They probably saw this post, realized our center problems and refused Söderberg from leaving. If we are to trust Mr Madhawk he won't play in the World Champs anyway.

The federation are really burning bridges with this decision, do they think Söderberg will be the only player not happy with them?

They pretty much had to considering they stopped Järnkrok and Fasth already, that's what this stems from. What would SIHF/Bill Daly tell the Rangers and Red Wings? "Sorry we had to make a comprimise for you but Boston really needs this guy, hope you have understanding".

Silfverberg was on loan to Brynäs, Söderberg isn't.

As are Fasth and Järnkrok = stopped.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Not sure if I'm misunderstanding but neither we're stopped from heading over to NA this season, they're currently playing in the AHL.

Stopped as in forced to join Tre Kronor's WC Camp instead of playing playoff hockey in North America, obviously. Both are heading home on Monday.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Cmon Loui, score a few now... (Z, Franzen, Wall Of Pain, Ericsson)

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Haven't you learned anything? Sweden only wins when they are underdogs playing sosse-hockey without leading stars.

Yeah, last time we won was with that 2006 team that looked absolutely horrible on paper and the 2011 team that lost in the final looked pretty bad on paper as well.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Minnesota and Columbus making the playoffs would be the best for Sweden.

I have to say though, Zetterberg is playing injured lately, he's skating at 75% due to groin issues. He loves the national team but this could be one of the rare times he'd say no.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
He didnt want to play and even if he did it wouldn't be at 100% so i see it as a good thing. Bad that he didn't see playing for his country as obvious tho.

And the federation probbs didnt lose in their own eyes, they showed that they only follow their own rules and no one elses. That the nhl didnt honor their understanding to follow the old agreement for the time being has no effect on that. If anything it will pay off in the future.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
We must somehow be creative in putting a team together now, especially with the forwards where no. 2 might be as good as no 12.

Is Hampus Lindholm far from a WC team and might Bang or Klingberg be a good checking line guy from the AHL.

Everyone I can think of at forward.

Eriksson – Backlund - Landeskog
Lindstr̦m РM̴rtensson - Th̦rnberg
Lindberg – Järnkrok - Hörnqvist
Persson – Lundqvist – Pettersson
Omark – Danielsson - Andersson
Fasth

Zetterberg - Franzen (go Columbus!, go Dallas!)

Wandell
Pääjärvi not out of Calder
Samuelsson
Lander

Nyquist (RW/LW) Grand Rapids 58 23 33 56
Joakim Andersson (C) Grand Rapids 36 10 16 26
Jacob Josefson (C/W) Albany 38 10 15 25
Mattias Tedenby (LW/RW) Albany 36 9 10 19
Daniel BÃ¥ng (LW/RW) Milwaukee Admirals 50 8 12
Carl Klingberg (RW) St. John's 62 10 1121

"if only our fourth line will remain, Im optimistic" (Ghandi or was it Sun Zu)

Hjalmarsson Simon Linköpings HC SWE 01.02.89 Värnamo 184 78 L
Ridderwall Calle Düsseldorfer EG GER 28.05.88 Stockholm 183 87 L
Axelsson Dick Frölunda HC SWE 25.04.87 Stockholm 191 93 L
Arlbrandt Pär Linköpings HC SWE 22.11.82 Jönköping 171 80 R
Rosén Robert Växjö Lakers HC SWE 25.06.87 Alvesta 188 78 R

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
15 of the 17 best Swedish point producers are in the playoffs :laugh:

The guys not making the playoffs anywhere will be available in time for Czech hockey game tryouts. Give Josefson and Ullström a call, I think these guys could suit a 3rd line.

Thörnberg-Backlund-Eriksson
Pääjärvi-Järnkrok-Landeskog
Ullström-Josefson-Hörnqvist
Lindberg-Lundqvist-Pettersson
Persson, Fasth

OEL-Larsson
Hedman-Enström
Kronwall-Erixon
Ekholm

Markström
Enroth

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
15 of the 17 best Swedish point producers are in the playoffs :laugh:

The guys not making the playoffs anywhere will be available in time for Czech hockey game tryouts. Give Josefson and Ullström a call, I think these guys could suit a 3rd line.

Yeah, real bad luck when it comes to forwards. Ullstrom might be wanted on Long Island now when Islanders look to make the playoffs.

And the Ekman-Larsson scenario of playing in the Calder Cup gives me an allergic reaction when I think of it.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah, real bad luck when it comes to forwards. Ullstrom might be wanted on Long Island now when Islanders look to make the playoffs.

And the Ekman-Larsson scenario of playing in the Calder Cup gives me an allergic reaction when I think of it.

Yeah.. Islanders finish the season with 5 on the road but looks like they'll make it.

Ekman-Larsson and Pääjärvi weren't activated for the AHL playoffs so they'll be finished.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
You can always dream. Last night's dream included Henrik Lundqvist, Hedman, OEL, Enstrom and Zetterberg. Hedman was giving forwards the evil eye when they were'nt backchecking. And no defender dared to mess with Henke's save percentage. There were order in Scandinavia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad