WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster part II

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
We really can't complain in regards to titles and performance the last years, 2 WC golds and we also became the most succcessful european team along with Russia in the "World Cup of Hockey" (last best on best) where we reached the semis and lost to "Team Europe".

But in the world cup of hockey against "team Europe" I saw the same thing as yesterday against Finland: Players played with extreme tension but I also believe that they feel strangled by the system that Grönborg tries to incur.

They seemed mechanical in movements and not at all playing by heart, but with that part of the brain responsible for long term thinking. Not by intuition but unable to relax and just play.

It was also a lot of tension, because they clearly felt they "should win" the game. But as I say, I think tacticals orders were so strong that they stopped playing by intuition ...

Not to retract from Suomi:s performace which was really excellent at such level that they might probably win anyway - but just regarding team Swedens performance - did you also see it the same way that I did ?

you forgot the lost to germany in olympics

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Common. It was only about one game, that ended in overtime. What if they won?
He's made more mistakes. What about coaches challenge versus Latvia? Total mistake. Latvia had deadly power plays on this WCH. It was 4:4 and 2 minutes to go and Latvia with power play. If they'd win SWE won't qualify to QF.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
and now its time for garpenlöv. jesus. 5 years of him. then monten will be the next in line. and we will not get many nhlers on the wc teams for a long time now. why keep watching tre kronor games when we know what will happen. we are not getting any sucess with garpenlöv and monten.

why do the swedish hockey fedaration keep torturing us fans. just give us a good coach for once. give us rönnberg on a 10 year contract.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
As a Finn i would grade Sweden 4 they did their best and that's all what you can ask.
Lundqvist in Sweden's net didn't have his best day vs Finland but he isn't guilty to Sweden's loss.

Being honest Sweden played OK but not great and OK game isn't necessarily enough to win any kind of medal.
Both teams caused troubles to each others and game itself was very exciting and entertaining.

These world championships elimination games can always go either way and anything can happen.
I get that Sweden really wanted win vs Finland but small margins were against of you guys ( Swedes) this time.

Thanks for great game and see you next year.
Tack Så mycket Sverige.

Perhaps 2-3 Finns would make team Sweden if you look at individual skill, then I find it impossible to give Swedes 4/5.

2/5 is probably as high as I'd go, seeing as Sweden seems to not even have been the team who carried the play.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Grönborg have done a tremendous job getting all the NHLers to the WC. hat off for that, but the loss to Germany in OG and all those years with stacked team in the WJC were we choked. You can argue as many times as we been lucky with opposition (gold against swiss 2x) we've been unlucky with the outcome like yesterday, still we should've won that game by 4-5 goals. Grönborg isnt overall a terrible coach, nor is he the best, but he was massively overrated before this tournament.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Let's put it this way: When Russia scored 6 goals on Sweden during the 2nd period, Grönborg did absolutely nothing. His answer to why he didn't even take a timeout was: "It's not a guarantee it will change anything." So he did nothing.

His coaching against Finland? Play his worst players the most during crunch time and bench his best players during long stretches. Absolutely ridiculous. He would've done less damage if he would've been a bad, Russian coach and just rolled all lines evenly.
Gronberg spent more time changing up Pettersson at the start of the tourny than he did against Russia.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Grönborg have done a tremendous job getting all the NHLers to the WC. hat off for that, but the loss to Germany in OG and all those years with stacked team in the WJC were we choked. You can argue as many times as we been lucky with opposition (gold against swiss 2x) we've been unlucky with the outcome like yesterday, still we should've won that game by 4-5 goals. Grönborg isnt overall a terrible coach, nor is he the best, but he was massively overrated before this tournament.

The team that beat the Swiss in 2014(?) was coached by Mårts.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Loui played more than Nylander (who was 7th in ice time among forwards). Quality coaching.

So sick of having to watch shit like that. I remember when BÅG played Samuel Påhlsson in the dying minutes of the quarterfinal against Slovakia in OG 2010 instead of rolling the top lines when we needed a goal.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Atleast hävelid brothers seem competent even though i complained about gunler.

3 more years of monten though. Yikes.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I've seen 18 all the way, from guys like Uffe Bodin. But yesterday when Nylander scored his 18th point Hockeysverige called it a new record on twitter.

On Eliteprospects it says 17 points for Nisse Nilsson but it looks like they're missing a goal. I counted all the player's goals and it totals at 66. On the wiki page for the -62 championhips Team Sweden's goals amounts at 67. EP is one goal short and I think it's Nisse Nilsson's goal, making it 18 points for him.

Here's a source saying 18 pts Championnats du monde de hockey sur glace 1962
That's interesting. Thanks. IIHF wrote in their article that it was a record breaking 18 points though, you'd think they would know.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Lol, get outta here. A Sweden at 4 would've trashed this Finnish team.

Sweden was at most a 2. The defensive part was dog****, Hank let in 2 softies, and Loui friggin Eriksson got to play more than Nylander while Bratt got least ice time, Landeskog wasn't himself, Lindholm was more a liability than anything.

Calling Sweden a 4 in this game is only something a Finn would do for reasons to make themselves look better.

Calm down dude and take a chill pill.
No need to get emotional by one ice hockey lose.

Sweden played OK but it wasn't enough this time.
These-kind loses can happen any hockey team when game goes to overtime.

PS i tried to be friendly and nice in my earlier posts.
But if you can't discuss without pissing off i don't have nothing to say for you anymore.

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
Calm down dude and take a chill pill.
No need to get emotional by one ice hockey lose.

Sweden played OK but it wasn't enough this time.
These-kind loses can happen any hockey team when game goes to overtime.

PS i tried to be friendly and nice in my earlier posts.
But if you can't discuss without pissing off i don't have nothing to say for you anymore.
Your previous post comes off as nothing but a bad trolling attempt. It wasn't Lundqvists fault according to you, yet he lets in 2 soft goals that could have made all the difference in the game. Hmm.

Sweden was never even close to fulfilling their potential as a team this tournament. 5 players might have played up to their potential. Probably would have missed the playoffs if they didn't have players like Nylander and Pettersson, constantly making a difference. They nearly lost to both Latvia and Switzerland, there's nothing extraordinary that they didn't win against Finland. The writing was on the wall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad