WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster part II

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
It actually boggles mym ind that Eriksson was on the ice for 3v3. Just an AWFUL player with absolutely 0 work ethic.

It's not just the Canucks thats the problems. It's an Eriksson is a lazy player and wants to be fed easy minutes when he doesn't deserve shit. God I hate him as a player.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
It's just embarrassing, what's even more embarrassing is that Loui definitely would have played better with less ice time. He's old and he looked absolutely gassed.

I usually don't hate on Loui, I actually think he's a good and efficient defensive forward when he gets lower ice time. But to play him in overtime and to give him so much ice time in the 3rd is in-excusable.

It bugs me more that he goes to the Media and complains about the Canucks that is the problem. "He wasn't put in a position to succeed" my ass, he was fed top-6 minutes with the Sedins and Pettersson and couldn't do jack shit with it because hes an awful, lazy player.

I really hope the Canucks bury him in the AHL the rest of his contract. Can't stand having players like that on your team when your teammates would battle and die for you.

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
It bugs me more that he goes to the Media and complains about the Canucks that is the problem. "He wasn't put in a position to succeed" my ass, he was fed top-6 minutes with the Sedins and Pettersson and couldn't do jack **** with it because hes an awful, lazy player.

I really hope the Canucks bury him in the AHL the rest of his contract. Can't stand having players like that on your team when your teammates would battle and die for you.

His prime year has passed.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
If eriksson had any decency he should retire from the national team. The guy is beyond useless. Canucks should buy him out.

He was honestly not THAT bad. Problem is they gave him such a big role with heavy defensive minutes, OT & PP-time. That's nuts.

I don't think he would have looked terribly out of place playing 6 minutes on a 4th line.

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
It actually boggles mym ind that Eriksson was on the ice for 3v3. Just an AWFUL player with absolutely 0 work ethic.

It's not just the Canucks thats the problems. It's an Eriksson is a lazy player and wants to be fed easy minutes when he doesn't deserve ****. God I hate him as a player.
He also had the second most ice time among swedish forwards in the third period. Until that point he had yet to actually have the puck on his stick for more than the fraction of a second it takes to deflect it to avoid icing. It’s absolutely disgraceful coaching in no way did he even deserve to play this game he should have been scratched.

But above all else, this whole tournament was a horrible team effort. That is the takeaway here the horrible coaching decisions and team defense. In the five games where they played any sort of competition actually worthy the name they let in 24 goals. That’s almost five goals against per game. Which is just ridiculous.

Last edited:

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
This is not about one player

Maybe the the team wasnt good enough?

Lundqvist was horrible

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
It bugs me more that he goes to the Media and complains about the Canucks that is the problem. "He wasn't put in a position to succeed" my ass, he was fed top-6 minutes with the Sedins and Pettersson and couldn't do jack **** with it because hes an awful, lazy player.

Eriksson is definitely not a lazy player, I have to give him that. He just looks that way, always has.

Problem is he's far past his prime. He looks out of shape too.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Sweden's top individual players are all clearly extremely talented and I would say they all stepped up. Coaching and goaltending were weak areas

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
He was honestly not THAT bad. Problem is they gave him such a big role with heavy defensive minutes, OT & PP-time. That's nuts.

I don't think he would have looked terribly out of place playing 6 minutes on a 4th line.
The problem is that he padded his stats vs italy or whatever and lived on that ever since.

Should not have started in OT.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
The one thing that keeps bothering me the more i think about it is Bratt's usage. He looked fantastic whenever he was on the ice, meanwhile the 3rd and 4th line looked shaky whenever games got intense and they particularly struggled with possession. I mean just look the those line compositions, the third line served no purpose at all, it couldn't get going offensively against tougher teams and they couldn't defend either.

If you insert Bratt on the third line and move down Loui you'd have 3 scoring lines, with the third line bringing a lot of energy and speed. The 4th line would've been stacked with Loui-Kruger-Lindblom, slow as hell but they're all very good at winning board battles and would've been heavy to play against.

It was so obvious in this game, the swiss game and the russia game that our top-6 looked great while the bottom-six got nothing done. Which is especially funny because this team arguably had better depth than every team they've faced excluding Russia.

Last edited:

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
The effort levels just wasn't there this tournament. The Swiss were all over them and Sweden got lucky. The latvians outworked them and so did the fins.
Just poor efforts from a lot of players.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
The effort levels just wasn't there this tournament. The Swiss were all over them and Sweden got lucky. The latvians outworked them and so did the fins.
Just poor efforts from a lot of players.
And thats a coach thing.

Did Lindholm even play this tournament?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Problem is the Swedish hockey federation can't afford proven quality coaches. Grönborg, Garpenlöv, Popovic, Montén and all the junior NT coaches have all been picked from the street basically. Popovic to a lesser extent.

Just sign Rönnberg or Hallam for a month and let them coach.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

deVolt

Jun 4, 2018
Göteborg
Petterson looked pistoff for losing and for having to drag Loui Eriksson's corpse back to Vancouver with him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad