Team(s) currently in playoff position that will miss

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
what makes you think the isles are gonna drop out?

1. I don't think they are a very good team

2. I think Washington, Pittsburgh and NYR are better teams

Could be close with NYI or NJD I don't either are great but they have done a good job of getting points early on in the season so I think one of them will get the 8th seed. I did this before the Isles won tonight so at the time the Devils were ahead so I went with the Isles.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I suppose I shouldn't be so hard on Abdelkader. He's actually got 17 points so far.

... Still a lot of garbage contracts on this team.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I have to go detroit.

TB and Toronto easily in the Atlantic with the sens just squeaking into the 3rd spot

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY

Could be close with NYI or NJD I don't either are great but they have done a good job of getting points early on in the season so I think one of them will get the 8th seed. I did this before the Isles won tonight so at the time the Devils were ahead so I went with the Isles.

Yea it's not like they're the top scoring team in the NHL with the 4th most wins. Oh wait...

Reactions: Viqsi

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Yea it's not like they're the top scoring team in the NHL with the 4th most wins. Oh wait...

Well if all we are doing is going by who has the most wins right now then that kind of defeats the purpose of the thread.

Its almost like the OP is asking who will not keep up the pace they are currently at so the amount of wins and GF now are irrelevant if you don't think they are sustainable.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida

do you watch the isles by any chance?

Reactions: Aggie204

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
do you watch the isles by any chance?

I have seen some of their games but certainly they are lower on the list of teams that I have seen a ton of games of.

How many games of theirs does someone have to see to comment on them?

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Well if all we are doing is going by who has the most wins right now then that kind of defeats the purpose of the thread.

Its almost like the OP is asking who will not keep up the pace they are currently at so the amount of wins and GF now are irrelevant if you don't think they are sustainable.

I'm referencing where you said "they're not very good". I'm guessing the over/under on islanders games you watched this year is 0

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
I have seen some of their games but certainly they are lower on the list of teams that I have seen a ton of games of.

How many games of theirs does someone have to see to comment on them?
well you said we're not good, but we've dominated in most of our games, so i assumed you've watched us very little.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
well you said we're not good, but we've dominated in most of our games, so i assumed you've watched us very little.

Again this isn't about who has played well up to this point in the season it is about who will carry that through out the whole season.

Outside of Tavares and Barzal I am not a big fan of the Isles forwards. I think the defense is very weak, missing a top pairing guy at least if not 2 top 4 guys and I think Greiss and Halak are a sub-par goaltending pair.

Its great that you are off to a hot start and I already referenced that I think that may keep you in, but in keeping with the theme of the thread i see the Isles as team that will not keep up their strong play and will fall off as the season goes on.

Sorry that this seems to offend your delicate sensibilities so much.

Reactions: Jets and Estlin

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Again this isn't about who has played well up to this point in the season it is about who will carry that through out the whole season.

Outside of Tavares and Barzal I am not a big fan of the Isles forwards. I think the defense is very weak, missing a top pairing guy at least if not 2 top 4 guys and I think Greiss and Halak are a sub-par goaltending pair.

Its great that you are off to a hot start and I already referenced that I think that may keep you in, but in keeping with the theme of the thread i see the Isles as team that will not keep up their strong play and will fall off as the season goes on.

Sorry that this seems to offend your delicate sensibilities so much.
just curious. not gonna cry about a guy who doesn't watch the isles talking like he knows about us.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
just curious. not gonna cry about a guy who doesn't watch the isles talking like he knows about us.

LOL

Its a thread where people are asked to give opinions on other teams. If you can't handle other fans giving less than A+ reveiws of your team without immediately going to the "you don't watch our team" BS then maybe you should sit this thread out.

Reactions: Estlin

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
LOL

Its a thread where people are asked to give opinions on other teams. If you can't handle other fans giving less than A+ reveiws of your team without immediately going to the "you don't watch our team" BS then maybe you should sit this thread out.
i just figured it'd be at least educated

Reactions: Viqsi and RayB

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
i just figured it'd be at least educated

I have pointed out my reasons for my view and the only "counter" you have come up with is that I haven't watched the team enough and that it isn't educated.

I mean if all you have is pathetic attacks against me and nothing to actually counter anything then I think it is pretty clear you have no argument.

Reactions: Estlin

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
I have pointed out my reasons for my view and the only "counter" you have come up with is that I haven't watched the team enough and that it isn't educated.

I mean if all you have is pathetic attacks against me and nothing to actually counter anything then I think it is pretty clear you have no argument.
we have 3 ppg players right now, leddy is tied for second in defensive scoring, and barzal is leading rookie point scoring. that seems like an impressive group to me.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
we have 3 ppg players right now, leddy is tied for second in defensive scoring, and barzal is leading rookie point scoring. that seems like an impressive group to me.

Great I commented that I liked Barzal and Tavares (2 of the 3 PPG guys).

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

Actually, it does actually sound like you're crying over a simple opinionated post. This thread is asking for teams who are in a playoff spot right, who we think might miss. People might have opinions on a lot of teams...doesn't mean they're right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
technically there's 4 now since barzal is now scoring at a ppg pace. lee and bailey are also over a ppg, with lee being 6th in goals.

Ok so I like 2 of the 4 PPG guys, better than liking none of them I guess.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
1. Kings. They had a nice start but this is a one line team that can't score.

Who else will fall out of a playoff spot?

Despite a massive slump, 13th overall offense, tied for 3rd in the league in goal differential :dunno:

They're not a 130 point team, but they're probably not the 60 point team you think you saw, either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad