Team(s) currently in playoff position that will miss

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

raw

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Whoever is in the race for third in Atlantic. As its so tight between a pile of teams. Heck Toronto isn't safe yet sitting second. Its gonna be a continuous game of musical chairs for that spot unless one team starts to pull ahead. The wild card race in East is between the mighty Metro IMHO. Should be a fun season.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Detroit is an obvious choice. But the Atlantic is so bad, so who knows there. I wouldn't be too surprised if they made it.

Devils. No way they can keep pace with the rest for the metro for 60 games.

Blackhawks. Just feels like this is the year.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Vegas out Anaheim in

Winnipeg out Dallas in

Detroit out Boston in

NYI out Rangers in

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Detroit is an obvious choice. But the Atlantic is so bad, so who knows there. I wouldn't be too surprised if they made it.

Devils. No way they can keep pace with the rest for the metro for 60 games.

Blackhawks. Just feels like this is the year.

Sadly Detroit's young forwards are so good and the division is so bad that they're somehow in the mix.

Howard has also been very good this year.

Worth noting though they have multiple games played over teams close to them.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Whoever is in the race for third in Atlantic. As its so tight between a pile of teams. Heck Toronto isn't safe yet sitting second. Its gonna be a continuous game of musical chairs for that spot unless one team starts to pull ahead. The wild card race in East is between the mighty Metro IMHO. Should be a fun season.

Not too say the Metro isn't the stronger division but it's really too early to eliminate an Atlantic team from a WC spot. On December 18th last year the 5th ranked metro team was 7th in the entire NHL. The 4th ranked Atlantic team 8 points behind, and that team didn't even make the playoffs, The leafs were 8th in the Atlantic and 10 points behind Philadelphia at that point. Schedule has been laid out with the with an emphasis on divisional games later in the season, things will get tighter later in the season.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Not too say the Metro isn't the stronger division but it's really too early to eliminate an Atlantic team from a WC spot. On December 18th last year the 5th ranked metro team was 7th in the entire NHL. The 4th ranked Atlantic team 8 points behind, and that team didn't even make the playoffs, The leafs were 8th in the Atlantic and 10 points behind Philadelphia at that point. Schedule has been laid out with the with an emphasis on divisional games later in the season, things will get tighter later in the season.

For sure. I completely agree. I was just kinda pointing out how close it is and how strong the Metro is.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Piggybacking on my previous post, it's almost like Holland intentionally signed garbage contracts so he could get a gift of cap space and a garbage contract coming off the books every year.

2019 - Kronwall (Not really a bad contract his body just hasn't held up well)
2020 - Ericsson
2021 - Helm
2022 - Nielsen
2023 - Abdelkader

God that's ugly.

Reactions: Viqsi

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Calgary.

Poor goaltending and defense. Can't see them making it.
Smith has been this teams greatest strength all season IMO. He’s been a rock most nights.

The defense has been a bit iffy but I don’t see it being a major downfall. It’s been playoff caliber, just maybe not at the level many people thought.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Vegas out Anaheim in

Winnipeg out Dallas in

Detroit out Boston in

NYI out Rangers in

I don't see the Jets falling out; scary team this year. That game against MIN a couple nights ago is a perfect example; fall behind 2-0 then score seven unanswered from seven different players...

As to the topic at hand:

DET out; BOS in
CHI out; DAL in

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Calgary.

Poor goaltending and defense. Can't see them making it.

Poor goaltending? Are you serious? There defense makes big mistakes now and then but in terms of actual metrics they're great. If anything their offense is what's probably going to make them fail if they do miss, as their bottom 6 is absolutely terrible.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Poor goaltending? Are you serious? There defense makes big mistakes now and then but in terms of actual metrics they're great. If anything their offense is what's probably going to make them fail if they do miss, as their bottom 6 is absolutely terrible.

Yea this one made no sense to me. Mike Smith is stealing games for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad