Team Rankings: Deep, skilled prospect pool puts Tampa Bay Lightning in top spot

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Wow, for Buffalo.......
they are hands down #1 in prospects.
Not mentioned.....
Ullmark, goalie, top rate, check his amazing run.
Baptiste, Hurley, Compher, McNabb, McCabe, and the list goes on.

Buffalo's current prospect pool, as of this date, is the most productive across the board, hands down. A shame recognition is not being given where it's due.

Nah, I'm a Buffalo fan, and I think Tampa's pool is slightly better. We're right behind them though.

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Buffalo has the depth, Tampa has the top-end talent. That's why I'd give the edge for us. Nevertheless, both teams have great prospect pools.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Wow, for Buffalo.......
Not mentioned.....

Buffalo's current prospect pool, as of this date, is the most productive across the board, hands down. A shame recognition is not being given where it's due.

Buffalo is solid but no sorry.

TB has arguably the best goalie prospect in the world already playing in the second best league in the world and doing very well in Vasilevskiy. They also have arguably the best NCAA goalie in Wilcox. Not even counting Janus or Gudelevskis.

They have many more top end talent forwards than Buffalo.

And defensively Buffalo has better depth but the top end talent is similar.

TB is definitely the better prospect pool.

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Buffalo is solid but no sorry.

TB has arguably the best goalie prospect in the world already playing in the second best league in the world and doing very well in Vasilevskiy. They also have arguably the best NCAA goalie in Wilcox. Not even counting Janus or Gudelevskis.

They have many more top end talent forwards than Buffalo.

And defensively Buffalo has better depth but the top end talent is similar.

TB is definitely the better prospect pool.

No, it really isn't. Ristolainen, Zadorov and Pysyk are much better than Koekkoek, Sustr and Nesterov (if you put Gudas there, who I don't think is a prospect anymore, not sure though, it's closer but Buffalo still takes it). Otherwise I agree.

Caged Great

Jan 1, 2007
Calgary
How do the Flames lack depth at the goaltending position. Berra is still a prospect as far as I know, and we have both Ortio and Gillies who are ripping up their leagues. There are probably 15-20 teams with worse goalie depth than Calgary.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
No, it really isn't. Ristolainen, Zadorov and Pysyk are much better than Koekkoek, Sustr and Nesterov (if you put Gudas there, who I don't think is a prospect anymore, not sure though, it's closer but Buffalo still takes it). Otherwise I agree.

To be honest, right or wrong, all three of those guys for Buffalo I personally don't consider prospects. They are in the NHL and will play the whole year. I wouldn't consider Gudas or Sustr prospects either.

I know the specifications for the rankings for the article are different but just from where I'm coming from.

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
To be honest, right or wrong, all three of those guys for Buffalo I personally don't consider prospects. They are in the NHL and will play the whole year. I wouldn't consider Gudas or Sustr prospects either.

I know the specifications for the rankings for the article are different but just from where I'm coming from.

You're right, jeez, didn't even realize that they have so many rookie defenders there. That'd bring the top-end talent around the same level.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Ottawa drops 10 spots, but graduate and lost Zibanejad, Wiercioch, Conacher, Noesen and Silfverberg. Gryba graduated via age.

With no first round pick in 2014 and Lehner graduating, expect a dive into the 20's next fall.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
You're right, jeez, didn't even realize that they have so many rookie defenders there. That'd bring the top-end talent around the same level.

We've been regularly dressing 4 teenagers (Grigorenko-19, Girgensons-19, Ristolainen-18, and Zadorov-18). 9 players for Buffalo (otherwise known as half of the team) have <82 games of NHL experience. Team is young, tank is on.

Henderson19

Jul 6, 2007
To be honest, right or wrong, all three of those guys for Buffalo I personally don't consider prospects. They are in the NHL and will play the whole year.

Maybe yes, maybe no. Forty games is the magic number, I believe, in burning a year to UFA status. Still some time for teams to make that decision...

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Wow, for Buffalo.......
Not mentioned.....

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad