Injury Report: Team Injury thread

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Good to hear

Eric Stephens @icemancometh

Last tweet for a bit: Boudreau hopes that Cam Fowler (upper body) will skate with team on Monday at home.
9:17 PM - 14 Feb 13

maybe its because i havent heared anything, but to me this is extremely vague....is he HOPEFUL they he will be cleared to skate? is he already skating? cleared for contact? hopeful to play?.....i guess we have to take what we can get

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Cleared for contact wouldn't come until AFTER skating. Stephens, out of the loop though he usually is, would probably have heard that through BB. It makes sense that Cam would rejoin the team once they're home, because there wouldn't be any airplane rides to avoid. So it doesn't mean a whole lot.

But skating is good.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
maybe its because i havent heared anything, but to me this is extremely vague....is he HOPEFUL they he will be cleared to skate? is he already skating? cleared for contact? hopeful to play?.....i guess we have to take what we can get

Agreed, and we probably won't hear anything until Monday.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
There's simply no telling with concussions. Lindholm has been skating for weeks now and still not ready. He could be fine in 3 days or he could be out a year. I'm just going to believe nothing until I see him in warmups. I'd much rather they were too cautious with both of them then rushed them back.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
There's simply no telling with concussions. Lindholm has been skating for weeks now and still not ready. He could be fine in 3 days or he could be out a year. I'm just going to believe nothing until I see him in warmups. I'd much rather they were too cautious with both of them then rushed them back.
i agree but damn i miss fowler, and i really really want to see lindholm.....this whole concussion thing HAS to stop (im glad they take the precautions they do), but how have they not come up with a helmet that massively cuts back on them

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
i agree but damn i miss fowler, and i really really want to see lindholm.....this whole concussion thing HAS to stop (im glad they take the precautions they do), but how have they not come up with a helmet that massively cuts back on them

They have helmets that cut back on concussions. The problem is that it isn't as simple as that. Whiplash can cause concussions too. There is no simple fix.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Concussions occur when the brain is accelerated then decelerated inside the skull. Helmets can't completely stop that. And they can't help at all when the impact is on the face or jaw, or like Sojourn said from a whiplash.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Good for him, hopefully he's back soon and getting some more experience with Norfolk

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well, since BB has been giving everybody a shot with the big club I would suggest he sit Sbisa in the press box a couple of games and give Hampus a shot. Of course, that's just what I would do. ;)

Id rather see lydman in the press box, i am still very much on the sbisa train.... and would rather him get as many games as possible to learn and achieve.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Well, since BB has been giving everybody a shot with the big club I would suggest he sit Sbisa in the press box a couple of games and give Hampus a shot. Of course, that's just what I would do. ;)

Are we at the roster limit? Would we have to send someone down to activate him? Maybe they'd want to send him on a conditioning assignment for a bit.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Id rather see lydman in the press box, i am still very much on the sbisa train.... and would rather him get as many games as possible to learn and achieve.

Sometimes young guys learn a lot more sitting a game or two and watching from the press box. I still have a lot of hope for Sbisa and am not suggesting this as punishment. I really think it could help him.

Are we at the roster limit? Would we have to send someone down to activate him? Maybe they'd want to send him on a conditioning assignment for a bit.

That's a good point. HL is not on the 23 man roster so somebody would have to go down. According to Capgeek we actually have 24 guys on the roster including 3 goaltenders and Guenin. So maybe JDD and Genin can go down and HL can be added? I would agree about the conditioning stint but hell, BB has let everybody else get a tryout in the NHL. Could HL be any less helpful than Vatenen was?

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh
Cam Fowler(upper body) said he has felt better and had no symptoms over last few days. Hasn't skated yet but figures to this week.

Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh
Fowler added that he doesn't have a timetable. Looks like a reasonable target for now would be next week when they play five in seven days.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Since Hiller was the backup last game I would hope that means he is able to go 100%.

Yeah, but I'm sure they want to test the injury a full game then see what it's like the next day before declaring him "fine". JDD still will have to go through waivers and as small as the risk of losing him is why risk it.

Also

@icemancometh: Cam Fowler(upper body) said he has felt better and had no symptoms over last few days. Hasn't skated yet but figures to this week.

Edit - beaten while replying to Eddie :laugh:

I wonder how long it takes Fowler to return to actual game shape.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Yeah, but I'm sure they want to test the injury a full game then see what it's like the next day before declaring him "fine". JDD still will have to go through waivers and as small as the risk of losing him is why risk it.

Also

Edit - beaten while replying to Eddie :laugh:

I wonder how long it takes Fowler to return to actual game shape.

I'd guess at Sunday.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't be decimated if we lost JDD on waivers. :laugh: It might save us enough money to offer Perry and Getz new cars with their new deals. lol.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Anaheim Ducks ‏@AnaheimDucks
Bruce Boudreau on Cam Fowler: “He’ll probably be on the ice tomorrow, and we’ll just take it one day at a time.â€

More Boudreau on Fowler (who hasn't skated since the injury): “He’s symptom-free. He’s been that way for a week now.†#NHLDucks

Good signs to add on to what was posted above

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't be decimated if we lost JDD on waivers. :laugh: It might save us enough money to offer Perry and Getz new cars with their new deals. lol.

JDD had a very good record with us last year, I think everyone forgets that. It leaves us with a total of 8 games of NHL experience amongst ALL our goalies if he gets picked up if Hiller is injured again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad