WC: Team Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
Hartikainen and Marjamäki had a physical fight at the olympics. Teammates had to come to seperate them.

There were also pro Kukkonen and con Kukkonen sides at the olympics.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Hartikainen and Marjamäki had a physical fight at the olympics. Teammates had to come to seperate them.

There were also pro Kukkonen and con Kukkonen sides at the olympics.

It's really high time that Marjamäki will be replaced. If the coach is involved in a physical fight with a player he is just incompetent to coach a team. Obviously Marjamäki lacks of authority by the players.

schmiedi

Dec 31, 2014
Which Players have declinced?

Barkov?
Teravainen?
Aho?
Ristolainen?
Niemi?
Rantaa?

Koivu-granlund-Rantanen Could be free soon.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Which Players have declinced?
Everyone on your list except Teräväinen and Aho, whose official status ATM is "undecided".

Then there's Lindell, who declined. And Puljujärvi and Lehkonen, who are undecided.

---

As for stories about an altercation between a coach and a player, it'd be nice if some sources were provided when making such allegations. If there are none, and the claim is based on hearsay, that should be stated instead of dressing it as a fact.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
The feeling in the air is that Aho, Pulju and Tevo will decline. And so will all finns playing in stanley cup. Marjamäki is the reason.

the d should be:

Lepistö-Ohtamaa
Pokka-Honka
Heiskanen-Jokipakka

Forwards fighting for a spot:

Haapala
Keränen
Junttila
Tuppurainen
Borgström
Juuso Ikonen
Enlund
Kemppainen
Anttila
Vesalainen
Palve
Manninen
Sandell
Suomela
Puustinen
Kallio
Peltola
Kuusela
PILLU
Koskiranta
Savinainen

People need to stop looking at age. Tuppurainen would be a good option for the 4th line.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
The feeling in the air is that Aho, Pulju and Tevo will decline. And so will all finns playing in stanley cup. Marjamäki is the reason.

the d should be:

Lepistö-Ohtamaa
Pokka-Honka
Heiskanen-Jokipakka

Haapala
Keränen
Junttila
Tuppurainen
Borgström
Juuso Ikonen
Enlund
Kemppainen
Anttila
Vesalainen
Palve
Manninen
Sandell
Suomela
Puustinen
Kallio
Peltola
Kuusela
PILLU
Koskiranta
Savinainen

People need to stop looking at age. Tuppurainen would be a good option for the 4th line.

Something tells me that Lepistö will decline as well. Would be cool if Borgström played in Denmark. And of course, your favourite, PILLU, will be there.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Something tells me that Lepistö will decline as well. Would be cool if Borgström played in Denmark. And of course, your favourite, PILLU, will be there.

What happend with Pihlström after 2008? Before that he was a hitting machine. He lost his physicality after that season. Still a good player ofc.

jalperi

Feb 17, 2016

What happend with Pihlström after 2008? Before that he was a hitting machine. He lost his physicality after that season. Still a good player ofc.

Is Pihlström healthy after surgery?

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Is Pihlström healthy after surgery?
If you're asking about his hand, he already played a couple of games in the playoffs. So I'd say yes. However, then he hurt his leg (or foot) in Game 2 of the CSKA series and has been sidelined since. Dunno how serious it is, but if it's not too serious, I guess there's still time.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017

the d should be:

Lepistö-Ohtamaa
Pokka-Honka
Heiskanen-Jokipakka

Haapala
Keränen
Junttila
Tuppurainen
Borgström
Juuso Ikonen
Enlund
Kemppainen
Anttila
Vesalainen
Palve
Manninen
Sandell
Suomela
Puustinen
Kallio
Peltola
Kuusela
PILLU
Koskiranta
Savinainen

Oh my goodness! Good enough for EHT but for WHC vs CAN(McDavid,Barzal,Ekblad etc.,US(Kane,Gudreau etc. and maybe Germany(Draisaitel)???

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018

Big ouch, if Lepistö declines. His offensive qualities cannot be compensated in a situation were the NHLers let down their national team. :help:

Legend Leinonen

Apr 8, 2016
Finland
Does Hakanpää have any chance making the team? He has looked awesome at Liiga playoffs. I'd like to see him in. Big bruiser and physical beast. Fast skater too.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Does Hakanpää have any chance making the team? He has looked awesome at Liiga playoffs. I'd like to see him in. Big bruiser and physical beast. Fast skater too.
It will partly depend on how many established Euro reliables Marjamäki has at his disposal, but it wouldn't be surprising at all if he makes it. Even in a situation where the management is not scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
So Finland will be composed only with players of the finnish Liiga and may be with player of the Swedish league, is that correct? No KHL, no NHL players at all?

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
So Finland will be composed only with players of the finnish Liiga and may be with player of the Swedish league, is that correct? No KHL, no NHL players at all?
What gave you this idea? Finland already has a number of KHLers on the ranks, and some overseas players will join next week.

What is a cause of some concern is that none of the so-called high-profile ones have affirmed their participation yet. But there's still plenty of time and many of those wouldn't join 'til a week before the games begin or so anyway.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

ijuka

May 14, 2016
There will be a couple of NHL players and I assume none of the "big" names will be playing. I don't think any notable players will come play in world championships as long as Marjamäki is coaching. NHL players in general seem to really dislike him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad