WC: Team Finland 2019 men's World Championships roster talk

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
I don't like Ilomäki as center but I like him very much on wing. Luostarinen is really good center he should have chanche at first line.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
I hope that Finland will not take the last 4 defeatable opponents lightly. I'm hoping for a clean streak. Get the Round Robin home in order

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
And I think we're all in agreement that Kuusela should be the odd man out from here on. Although, while he's not clearly cut out for the tougher opposition, he could be useful against the lower-tier countries. But still, why use him there when you can just use those games to hone the lineup into the shape it should be when the final round begins.

Vehviläinen allowed a pair of softies early on, but I'd be willing to give him some more rope. The thing is, he may have been just a little slow in getting started - he was good from there on out, and Lankinen is no clear-cut better goalie. So I'd be willing to give him another start or two. If he still has dark moments, then pull him and ride Kevin to the bitter end.

Agree on Kuusela. It´s kind of odd that there has been so many line shuffles in the first three games. I guess its good for morale and give everybody games if there will be injuries. But there is risk of being to creative.

I have said it many times that I have high opinion about Lankinen. At junior age always considered Lankinen better than even Husso. And I see him having better potential than Vehviläinen. But yeah . Almost everyone praised him before this tournament and after one bad period this. Overreaction. I don´t consider him a world beater, but I think he seem to be good enough for this level. We may very well need him in this tournament.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
I have said it many times that I have high opinion about Lankinen. At junior age always considered Lankinen better than even Husso. And I see him having better potential than Vehviläinen. But yeah . Almost everyone praised him before this tournament and after one bad period this. Overreaction. I don´t consider him a world beater, but I think he seem to be good enough for this level. We may very well need him in this tournament.
We definitely need to see more from both goalies to determine which one should be starting the game of death. And it's more or less an ideal situation to split the duties. We came out of the tough start with more points than projected, and if Veini lets in another cheap goal or two, any losses can't be hung on him - because even with this no-name offense there's no excuse if the skaters don't bury enough in the opposite end to offset it. I won't call any opponent a complete pushover, but if the only way to beat Germany, Denmark, France or GB is for the goalie to post a shutout, then you have far bigger problems than what's between the pipes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Husqvarna and Svedu

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
4th line is frustrating to watch. They have had some great chances in the offensive end but haven't been able to convert on those. If those guys had a bit more talent playmaking or scoring wise, that line would have like 4 goals already. Sucks that Lammikko got injured, I like what he brings. Kuusela shouldn't see ice time anymore, which limits the lineup possibilities...

king89

Dec 4, 2018
4th line is frustrating to watch. They have had some great chances in the offensive end but haven't been able to convert on those. If those guys had a bit more talent playmaking or scoring wise, that line would have like 4 goals already. Sucks that Lammikko got injured, I like what he brings. Kuusela shouldn't see ice time anymore, which limits the lineup possibilities...
Lammiko injured? I have completely missed that. How bad is it?

jalperi

Feb 17, 2016
Lammiko injured? I have completely missed that. How bad is it?
There are no word about it yet. He didnt play yesterday after first period. Jalonen only said shortly on interview when asked about it " some injury (joku vamma) "

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
I turned of the tv as soon as usa got the goal, who got the player of the game award for Finland against USA?

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Hey people.. Who got player of the game for Finland against USA,, didnt get a reply earlier and I still dont know xD feels like Kakko deserved it bit those awards is often based on how many points you score xD but still im intressted to know

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
So, what countries do you wanna play against in the quarters? If we qualify that is. I want to see Sweden or Switzerland. I think it would be good to be a clear underdog and there for play against Sweden. Russia has been the best team offensively and the Czechs and Slovaks are much tougher on home soil than people expect. Yep, i prefer Sweden with a great D before the Czechs.

jalperi

Feb 17, 2016
Hey people.. Who got player of the game for Finland against USA,, didnt get a reply earlier and I still dont know xD feels like Kakko deserved it bit those awards is often based on how many points you score xD but still im intressted to know
Sakari Manninen, I think I saw got it.

Reactions: fr9dd9

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
So, what countries do you wanna play against in the quarters? If we qualify that is. I want to see Sweden or Switzerland. I think it would be good to be a clear underdog and there for play against Sweden. Russia has been the best team offensively and the Czechs and Slovaks are much tougher on home soil than people expect. Yep, i prefer Sweden with a great D before the Czechs.
Russia, Czechs or Switzerland. No Sweden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad