WC: Team Canada Roster Thread 2021

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
You were wrong about everything, as were a few others who came in here with your "facts" doing nothing more but looking to stir up shit. . But that was never in doubt to anyone who has a real clue.

You were made to look like you had just started watching international hockey this past 2 weeks.

Completely Schooled in 2 short weeks, it was a pleasure.
One of the more pathetic bumps I've come across on these boards. Not like my post talks about Canada struggling at the start of tournamnets especially and not like they needed 8 or 9 results to line up to get out of the group stage.

Seriously, just sad.

I also appreciate that out of 4 or 5 people stating similar sentiment back then you chose to qoute my posts which is still as legit as it ever was considering Canada's adventures in this WC.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
One of the more pathetic bumps I've come across on these boards. Not like my post talks about Canada struggling at the start of tournamnets especially and not like they needed 8 or 9 results to line up to get out of the group stage.

Seriously, just sad.
bye bye big man, you talked big and asked for it, have fun in loserville, i'm sure you're a permanent resident.

Reactions: Peiskos

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Haha, I actually had the sarcastic emoji but it looks like it got lost!

Honestly, watching these games aren’t even fun, it’s just stressful!

It's funny that way, all depends on expectations. When I watch an NHL PO series my team has no business being in I'm pretty chill about the results. But when it's Canada, I just expect them to win almost regardless of who they bring.

Reactions: therealdeal

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Great story for Henrique, Brown & Mangiopone. Those guys will never make an Olympic roster & not even the best players on their own teams but they've been thrown together here and are having a really good run. Those 3 have, if you'll pardon a cliche, carried the team on their backs into the medal round.
Well said. Really happy for Connor Brown, he has always been a player I liked and valued. Led Canada in scoring, and set up what was the golden goal. He may not be a star in the NHL, but all good teams need a player like that. He's a beaut.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
You have to like that result for those players. I don't really put value on winning the IIHF WC and I can't say that I watched a whole lot of this edition (or the 2019 edition), but there are some good stories on that team. Guys like Mangiapane and Brown, who probably hoped for better shots at the WJC years ago, leading any edition of Canada to a championship has to be something that neither could have really expected but I'm sure they are thrilled. I believe that Henrique was on the 2010 WJC team that lost the gold medal game in overtime and he's in a pretty similar boat. Vilardi missed out on the WJC due to injury, Anderson-Dolan played hurt in his tournament, Comtois won but was also unfairly raked over the coals one year. Power didn't even get a chance at the WJC this past year. Someone like Danforth I'm sure never expected the chance to play for Canada. There are others I'm sure but anyway, good for them all. This was probably the least ideal year to go to this tournament but they ended up making the most of it.

I also like that Power and Perfetti had this opportunity and can possibly carry it over to the next WJC. I'm not sure how much Perfetti ended up doing but it seems that Power had a very good experience.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Really surprised this team came to this conclusion after going 0-3, I am eating some crow after bashing them. No team has won it after that kind of start. Getting Andrew Mangiapane was the key but just jelling in general after playing a few games helped. Not an easy transition for Canadians on the big ice. Gallant was a huge factor, onward for bigger things for him.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Don't they skip the WHC in Olympic years?

No, WHC are held in Olympic years.

filling out the rosters in Olympic years is the challenge. not as quite as challenging as this year, but always a challenge.

All teams should have a few more quality players on their rosters, teams should be better in general.

But this year's Team Canada was a hoot. I hope 4 or 5 of them come back next year.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Would love to see Canada go for 6 finals appearances in 7 years next year in Helsinki/Tampere.

Its been a wonderful stretch these last number of years. Really a pleasure to watch.

Reactions: snipes and jj cale

Mainiac

May 15, 2021
It occured to me that not only did Connor Brown lead the team & tournament in scoring, he also assisted on both the off-side goals.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I hope in next year many nhl stars will go in IIHF WORLDS)

don't count on it. We'll get a few, but not too many.

We'll get a star-studded Team Canada in Prague 2024. Our players usually show up for a Prague Czech Rep. tournament. I'm hoping to be there.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Connor Brown beat pretty much a B team of Finland. It is at the same time funny and sad when you think of it

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
don't count on it. We'll get a few, but not too many.

We'll get a star-studded Team Canada in Prague 2024. Our players usually show up for a Prague Czech Rep. tournament. I'm hoping to be there.
Will see. This year has been spoiled by the covid situation

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Nick Paul with the Gold Medal winning Crosby snarl!

hkn-nhl-olympics-20130215.jpg

E3OZ6QeXoAg9m43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad