Team Canada - 2nd Pairing Right Defence

Who should play the right defence on the second pairing?

• Total voters

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
If Canada is building a team right now, who should play the right side on the defence's second pairing?

Thomas Chabot - Alex Pietrangelo
XXXXXX - XXXXXX
XXXXXX - XXXXXX

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Letang. Dude is the most underrated D in the game over the last ten years.
While I agree hes very underrated, hes also a littoe old now.

These pairings would tend to have a few top pairimgs equally as strong that share ice.

Makar hasnt developed a strong enouhh defensive presence yet imo.

I know many will disagree but an elite 2 way dman, ill take doughty. Im fully aware he hasnt been as good recently, butbhe was the best dman in the world for a 6 or 7 year period, ill take that chance. Even near his best hes exactly what you want to anchor championships.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Makar, but Ellis needs to be an option

49GP
8G
38P
23:30 TOI/G
96 BLK
48 hits
114 shots
+16

not many have those stats

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I agree with the poster above. Canada will want some defensive guys as well and will mix in a few vets with lots of international experience. Weber will definitely be in the six D. I’d say Doughty as well for another vet.
So some combo of Pietro, Weber, Doughty, Chabot, Makar, Hamilton, Parayko, and maybe Theodore as the eighth guy.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Something that I think is being forgotten is that Canada almost always has a dedicated shutdown pair and the way these comments and polls are going is gonna be an all offense Dore with a top 6 of:

Chabot - Petro
Theodore - Makar
Rielly - Hamilton

I don't think team canada would run this setup
I agree with you, but Pietrangelo is not all offense.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
What step did he lose? He was just one of the best analytical defensemen in the league while playing half his time with Jack Johnson and was on pace for 20 goals.

I always see people say that about players over 30 even when nothing in their numbers suggest a regression. It's so bizarre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad