Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who should the Sabres draft #7

• Philip Broberg, D, AIK (Allesvenskan)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alex Newhook, C, Victoria (BCHL, BC Commit)

• Matthew Robertson, D, Edmonton (WHL)

• Victor Soderstrom, D, Brynas IF (SHL)

• Ryan Suzuki, C, Barrie (OHL)

• Cam York, D, USNTP (BC Commit)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Fan vote draft that will go through each team's board.

Who should the Sabres pick at #7?

1. :devils Jack Hughes, C, USNTP 88.6%

2. :rangers Kappo Kakko, RW, TPS 94.0%

3. :hawksBowen Byram, D, Vancouver (WHL) 63.2%

4. :avs Dylan Cozens, C, Lethbridge (WHL) 32.6%

5. :kings Alex Turcotte, C, USNTP (Wisconsin Commit) 48.5%

6.:wingsKirby Dach, C, Saskatoon (WHL)

7. :sabresPeyton Krebs, LW, Kootenay (WHL)

Link to the results thread

Last edited:

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
I voted for Cole Caufield because he’s a pure goal scorer. Yes I know he’s tiny at 5-7 but 7 goals in two games at the U18’s and he snipping ability at USDT is what we need in the system.

Reactions: Reddawg

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Hope someone a few spots behind really wants Podkolzin... Then trade back & take Caufield.

No idea how long he lasts & he goes against everything I like in an early pick... But so intriguing.

Would also love Broberg if that Blues pick makes it into the teens.

Would be happy with using the later first on Knight too.

Reactions: Mitts888

Hellinator

Mar 30, 2013
Buffalo
Move up and get Alex Turcotte though I will admit the 7 goals that Cole Caufield has in the first 2 games at the World's is intriguing.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think this is Podkolzin easy, but I have no faith in our courage to make that pick.

I rock-paper-scissored this in my head and still came back to being a Pod-person.

As an aside, I know '72 is not a Boldy fan, but that kid just gets it. He's going to be a high-end glue guy in the role of a Reinhart.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Went Krebs but Caufield did cross my mind. Don’t want anything to do with Pod. I don’t trust the organization to handle him properly.

I admit that handling is not my consideration there. It should be, but it wasn't. Mostly it's the caffeine bringing out my contrarianism.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I rock-paper-scissored this in my head and still came back to being a Pod-person.

As an aside, I know '72 is not a Boldy fan, but that kid just gets it. He's going to be a high-end glue guy in the role of a Reinhart.

Podkolzin might work for someone but I guarantee that team won't be us.

What do you think of Caufield??

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Podkolzin might work for someone but I guarantee that team won't be us.

What do you think of Caufield??

Caufield... so I like his ability to finish. He has the high-end positioning, shooting, release that gets the sort of results we see from his stat line. He isn't just living off of Hughes' playmaking ability, it is a good synergy that a coach should be utilizing. I can't overlook his size as a risk factor. Pod is a risk to not come over right away and the Sabres history of f'ing up Russian player relations. Dach it's a motivation risk. Cozens it's a mind risk. There are some varying levels of risk there. But his ability to finish... damn!

Also, I'm tired of the trope that this is DeBrincat all over again. Alex had his own issues -- dig around a bit and there is some talk about him and coaches that also likely had a push on his value beyond his size. I'm so f***ing tired of the DeBrincat comps just due to stature.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Podkolzin at #7 and Caufield with the Blues* pick. GMs are always scared of drafting tiny guys as he seems to be in the 20ish range on many online mock drafts.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
Caufield... so I like his ability to finish. He has the high-end positioning, shooting, release that gets the sort of results we see from his stat line. He isn't just living off of Hughes' playmaking ability, it is a good synergy that a coach should be utilizing. I can't overlook his size as a risk factor. Pod is a risk to not come over right away and the Sabres history of f'ing up Russian player relations. Dach it's a motivation risk. Cozens it's a mind risk. There are some varying levels of risk there. But his ability to finish... damn!

Also, I'm tired of the trope that this is DeBrincat all over again. Alex had his own issues -- dig around a bit and there is some talk about him and coaches that also likely had a push on his value beyond his size. I'm so ****ing tired of the DeBrincat comps just due to stature.

I agree with all of this. Which is why I went Krebs. I feel like he is the least risky pick where we sit and we really need to hit on this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad