Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who should the Sabres draft #7

• Philip Broberg, D, AIK (Allesvenskan)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alex Newhook, C, Victoria (BCHL, BC Commit)

• Matthew Robertson, D, Edmonton (WHL)

• Victor Soderstrom, D, Brynas IF (SHL)

• Ryan Suzuki, C, Barrie (OHL)

• Cam York, D, USNTP (BC Commit)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
You should've added "The pick will be traded away" option.
I know it sounds stupid,but hey,you never know.

For the purposes of this exercise, it's different boards voting in order. So trading the pick isn't an option for this one.

How do you or the Red Wings fan base propose I make that work for this exercise?

Thanks for posting this Hasbro. Appreciate the effort to get a consensus look from a team board perspective on who might be favored to be a team's pick in the upcoming draft.

Ronnbergundy

Jun 18, 2015
Frolunda
I think if Pod is there we should take him. I don't know what HF has against Pod, but he's a great player. Some guys are worried we won't handle him right. It sounds like people are worried about drafting Grigorenko 2.0, but we won't even have the chance to screw up his development like we did with Grig because he won't be in the NHL for at least two more years. Botts has also been all over guys from Europe, I don't know why Russians would be any different. There's the possibility that he doesn't want to come over to N.A., which lots of people have speculated due to his KHL contract, but most of the Russian players of his caliber end up playing in the NHL.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I'd hope the team with a dearth of talent would take the shot at the player with a higher ceiling even if they might have to wait a bit longer than normal to reap the reward. That said I don't have any sense of how good Podkolzin actually is.

Reactions: Chainshot

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
I feel pretty good about this draft lots of options. It is going to be really interesting to watch this year. Could go a lot of ways. Last year we new who we were getting so it wasn’t the same. Definitely not complaint about last year though.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I'd hope the team with a dearth of talent would take the shot at the player with a higher ceiling even if they might have to wait a bit longer than normal to reap the reward. That said I don't have any sense of how good Podkolzin actually is.

Is it really waiting longer than normal though? Pettersson and Mittelstadt both played their first season largely as 20 year olds and you could argue Mitts should've been in the AHL this season. 2 years from now Podkolzin would be 20 as well.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Following up on Podkolzin. There's just no way Cozens and Dach go before Podkolzin. I can See Byram, because of position scarcity. And I can see Turcotte, because of simply NA bias, and he's a future NHL captain. But the other two just won't happen. It would require at least 2 teams in the top 6 to have such Russian factor concerns that they select a clearly inferior player.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Podkolzin is playing Team USA this morning at 9:30. Good chance to see how he matches up against a stacked team.

Like has been said many times, Hughes and Kakko will go 1-2. After that all bets are off as how the rest of the top 10 will fall.

I think Caufield has pushed himself into the top 10.

However it plays out, the Sabres will have a choice of 3-4 really good players to choose from at #7.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Following up on Podkolzin. There's just no way Cozens and Dach go before Podkolzin. I can See Byram, because of position scarcity. And I can see Turcotte, because of simply NA bias, and he's a future NHL captain. But the other two just won't happen. It would require at least 2 teams in the top 6 to have such Russian factor concerns that they select a clearly inferior player.
I guess we can check but maybe Oiler fans have been bumping him down the line for several picks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad