Speculation: TDL rumors/speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Doubt this means anything but it’s trade deadline season now so everything means something. Maybe it means our scout that was watching BUF/DAL isn’t our top scout.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
IIRC, DW gave the same boiler plate "we'll make a trade if it's the right move....etc" last year and then we landed Kane. and, IIRC, we weren't deeply linked to Kane either. Or Hansen, or Polak + Spauling, etc.

DW usually conducts his business in a furtive way

This is all to mean that rumors about the Sharks rarely reflect reality

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
My opinion is this, make the biggest net gain you can for the active roster, even if it costs you some very good prospects. This is the year to do this, Joe needs a cup, resigning all these guys becomes immensely easier with a cup. Get a cup.
Agreed. Frankly I don't think EK65 would even consider leaving if he won a cup in SJ. Might even sign for less than $11mil just to keep the team as competitive as possible.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Because the Sens have a vested interest in the Sharks making the cup final this year, the price in any trade should theoretically be lower. They’re also less likely to trade with another team in the West. I hope the Sharks get something done for Stone or Duchene
You sir are brilliant!

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
All this lack of rumors is boring me. Come on DW, do something crazy.

Remember, the trade deadline isn’t until the 25th of February.

Teams like Columbus, Ottawa, Buffalo, Minnesota, etc. all have reasons that they will probably hang on to their rentals until then.

You’ll probably be bored for a little while longer. :P

IIRC, DW gave the same boiler plate "we'll make a trade if it's the right move....etc" last year and then we landed Kane. and, IIRC, we weren't deeply linked to Kane either. Or Hansen, or Polak + Spauling, etc.

DW usually conducts his business in a furtive way

This is all to mean that rumors about the Sharks rarely reflect reality

We were linked to Kane (by Dreger IIRC), along with a couple other teams (Anaheim and Calgary IIRC), on the day before we acquired him. We were also linked to Karlsson for quite some time.

However, the buzz around San Jose and Karlsson completely died off until a few hours before we officially acquired him.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Remember, the trade deadline isn’t until the 25th of February.

Teams like Columbus, Ottawa, Buffalo, Minnesota, etc. all have reasons that they will probably hang on to their rentals until then.

You’ll probably be bored for a little while longer. :P

We were linked to Kane (by Dreger IIRC), along with a couple other teams (Anaheim and Calgary IIRC), on the day before we acquired him. We were also linked to Karlsson for quite some time.

However, the buzz around San Jose and Karlsson completely died off until a few hours before we officially acquired him.

...fair. But I’d still like to complain about it a little.

Also, we’re almost done with the season and my brain is still kinda like, did I dream up the day we got Karlsson?

undercovernerd

Apr 18, 2014
Bend, OR / Bay Area, CA
...fair. But I’d still like to complain about it a little.

Also, we’re almost done with the season and my brain is still kinda like, did I dream up the day we got Karlsson?
I still remember that beautiful day. I woke up tired as heck to a bleacher report notification.... 6 days after I became a father for the first time. Ohhhh the memories. Now she’s rolling down the hallway and Karlsson is balling.

I hope one day, EK65 will be my Marleau for my daughter. *tears*

Reactions: NiWa and KirbyDots

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I still remember that beautiful day. I woke up tired as heck to a bleacher report notification.... 6 days after I became a father for the first time. Ohhhh the memories. Now she’s rolling down the hallway and Karlsson is balling.

I hope one day, EK65 will be my Marleau for my daughter. *tears*

That hit me right in the feels.

That+hit+me+right+in+the+feels+man+_b61fd48234d5932c58c54130d6de318e.jpg

I need to marry my girl and make some rugrats to watch hockey with.

Last edited:
Reactions: undercovernerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad