Speculation: TDL rumors/speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2010
My list:

6. Zuccarelo- Love him as a player, not sure if he is exactly the right fit. Will likely cost a 1st+ and unlike 1-4 on this list, I think that's too much for him.

just an FYI, Friendman expects Zuc to cost a 2nd + prospect, similar to Grabner

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Was looking at a Kreider to Oilers thread on the Trade boards and saw this.

Edmonton has a strong 2D/low end 1D in Klefbom and 2 2/3 defencemen in Larsson and Nurse

If that is what they realistically think of Klefbom and Larsson, I think they are going to be in trouble for a while. I think Nurse is definitely a 2nd pairing D-man but not quite sure I would call him a #2 or #3.

Makoshark

Sep 19, 2018
Humboldt County
This trade deadline really seems like a buyers market. I think prices will come down all but the best players. Hopefully this works in the Sharks favor.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
This trade deadline really seems like a buyers market. I think prices will come down all but the best players. Hopefully this works in the Sharks favor.

It definitely seems like a buyers market. But it is kind of funny, because the way fans of the selling teams are talking, everyone is worth atleast a 1st round pick and a B prospect.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
I think ferland would be a good fit for us. Coyle, Dzingel would be good too. What do you think about kreider? He ist fast and big and could be a good piece in the Couture-Meier line...

Kreider is prob tops on my list due to all factors. I think he'd be great for the Sharks, but I don't see why the Rangers would trade him.

Reactions: tiburon12

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
General question. How do most GM's evaluate prospects?

Eg: Checkhovich has lit up the Q this year and is leading in points. But he was drafted in the 7th round. Or Chmelevski, who was also drafted in the 6th round but lit up the World Juniors and has done fairly well on the 67's after his slow start.

So how do you rate the 3 based on what they have showed since they got drafted?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Boyle although good was never great like a burns, karlsson, thornton was.

Boyle in his entire time with san jose 269 points.

Burns in just the past 4 of his 8 years in san jose 270 points and still climbing with 30 or so games left on the season.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
Boyle was such a puck hog, but he was fun to watch. Such a fierce competitor. He just doesn't hold a candle to Burns and now Karlsson.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
General question. How do most GM's evaluate prospects?

Eg: Checkhovich has lit up the Q this year and is leading in points. But he was drafted in the 7th round. Or Chmelevski, who was also drafted in the 6th round but lit up the World Juniors and has done fairly well on the 67's after his slow start.

So how do you rate the 3 based on what they have showed since they got drafted?
I think it's more of on general performance and potential. Honestly though I'm talking out of my ass a bit.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Boyle was such a puck hog, but he was fun to watch. Such a fierce competitor. He just doesn't hold a candle to Burns and now Karlsson.

Who cares, he was a high-end d-man that we got for basically nothing. Everyone is nit-picking here. The original poster didn't say anything about HOF players, he/she simply listed a bunch of very good players the Sharks acquired for a lot of nothing. Boyle 100% should be added to that list. He averaged 51 points and 13 goals per 82 games with the Sharks and was probably the first top level PP QB/Offensive D-man we had since Ozolinsh. In his first two seasons with SJ he finished 5th and 6th in Norris voting and received Norris votes in each of his first 4 seasons with the Sharks.

I wouldn't add Heatley there because Michalek was a good player and went the other way combined with Heatley having a very small sample of success in SJ.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Boyle absolutely belongs on that list for two reasons, he was great as a Sharks d-man and we stole that trade.
Really that was the main point of my list... Trades where the sharks got an elite level talent for peanuts. Saying Boyle shouldn't be included is frankly ridiculous. He was the first true #1 D-man the Sharks had. I don't count Ozo because he sucked at D and had to be sheltered.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Wasn't he typically top 5 for D-men scoring for the first 5 years he was with the Sharks? He was a puck hog because he was better than most of the other players on the team. He knew he and Jumbo had to carry those weaker rosters.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
Wasn't he typically top 5 for D-men scoring for the first 5 years he was with the Sharks? He was a puck hog because he was better than most of the other players on the team. He knew he and Jumbo had to carry those weaker rosters.
Ya, and watching him still try to play his game when he came back from concussion too early was so sad. You just knew he shouldn't be out there, but he tried anyways.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Boyle although good was never great like a burns, karlsson, thornton was.

Boyle in his entire time with san jose 269 points.

Burns in just the past 4 of his 8 years in san jose 270 points and still climbing with 30 or so games left on the season.
Boyle first 4 seasons in SJ... 57(6th), 58(3rd), 50(8th), 48(8th) points as a D-man. After that he took a nose dive but that may have coincided with him getting hurt. He was never the same after that one hit by some Canuck player. Heater played 2 seasons in SJ. Best season he was on a line with Jumbo and Patty in their prime.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
Boyle first 4 seasons in SJ... 57(6th), 58(3rd), 50(8th), 48(8th) points as a D-man. After that he took a nose dive but that may have coincided with him getting hurt. He was never the same after that one hit by some Canuck player. Heater played 2 seasons in SJ. Best season he was on a line with Jumbo and Patty in their prime.
lapierre while he was with the blues if i remember right

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad